Get the latest Tech News, Events, Talent & Tech Jobs in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent delivered directly to your inbox each month.
- This event has passed.
TeCK Week YQG | Tech Homecoming
March 24, 2022 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Windsor and Chatham-area expats, alumni & newcomers to reconnect and reinvest with the place they once called (or will soon call) home.
Tech Homecoming Day powered by WEtech Alliance will bring together Windsor and Chatham-area expats, former residents, alumni, newcomers and regional leaders to reconnect and reinvest with the place they once called (or will soon call) home and join a discussion centered around turning the region into a Hub of Innovation.
Who should attend: Founders, tech professionals, ex-pats, innovation and regional leaders, and community members.
Event Hashtag: #TeCKHomecomingYQG #TeCKWeekYQG
Event Partners: Invest WindsorEssex and Chatham-Kent Economic Development
- Joel Paglione, Founder at Oak Bottle & Picks (Alumni of University of Windsor now living in Miami)
- Jasen Sams, Vice President, Rocket Innovation Studio (New startup to Windsor)
- Jenny do Forno, Talent Director, OMERS Ventures (Former Chatham-Kent resident now living in Toronto, ON)
Theme of opening remarks & panel discussion :
- Windsor-Essex / Chatham-Kent As I Knew It;
- Windsor-Essex / Chatham-Kent COVID-19 – Current State;
- Windsor-Essex / Chatham-Kent Works For Me. It Can Work For You.;
- Nearshoring changing Role in Windsor-Essex’s Revitalization;
- Educations’ Role in Moving Windsor-Essex / Chatham-Kent Forward;
- Economic Development Strategic Initiatives;
- Entrepreneurship and Tech in Windsor-Essex / Chatham-Kent; and
- Windsor-Essex / Chatham-Kent Top 5 Project Wish List.
- 11:30am – Open Networking on Remo
- 11:45am -Opening remarks from WEtech Alliance
- 11:55am – Introduction of Panelists
- 12:00pm – Panel Discussion with 3-4 tech leaders
- 12:45pm – Q&A
- 1:00pm – Closing Remarks and Open Networking on Remo