Get the latest Tech News, Events, Talent & Tech Jobs in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent delivered directly to your inbox each month.
- This event has passed.
The Business of Accessibility Virtual Workshop with David Best
November 29 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 amFREE
Through the AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act) the Ontario government has been working to create an accessible and inclusive province where everyone can fully participate in everyday life in our communities and the economy.
DID YOU KNOW? By December 31st, 2023 all registered Ontario businesses or non-profit organizations with 20 or more employees must submit a compliance report to confirm your organization has met current AODA accessibility requirements.
Join us for “The Business of Accessibility” virtual workshop hosted by David Best, our Digital Accessibility Communications Specialist and learn about the benefits of becoming an accessible business:
– Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2262460287
During the workshop, you can expect to gain valuable insights into the world of accessibility and how it can benefit your business. David will cover a range of topics, and you’ll come away with five tangible takeaways:
1. Unlocking Business Potential Through Accessibility: Explore the global trends shaping market growth and how innovation, technology, and human rights drive competition.
2. Creating a Business Culture: Discover the importance of knowing what you don’t know and how accessibility and usability contribute to your business branding.
3. Market Growth Challenges: Learn how to measure success and establish business goals and values, dispelling myths and facts along the way.
4. Your Accessibility Action Plan: Understand when and why your business should include accessibility strategies, preventing costly infrastructure transformations down the road.
5. Learning More About Marginalized Markets: Delve into the concept of aiming for 100% of the market, recognizing that accessibility, like education, is an ongoing journey.
Mark your calendar for November 29th at 9AM and use the provided Zoom link to access the workshop. If you have any questions or require further assistance, feel free to reach out to WEtech Director of Venture Services, Adam Castle (email@example.com)