Get the latest Tech News, Events, Talent & Tech Jobs in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent delivered directly to your inbox each month.
- This event has passed.
Toronto’s Trade Accelerator Program (TAP) Info Session
April 25 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The World Trade Center Toronto’s Trade Accelerator Program (TAP) helps your business maximize revenue growth and unlocks new market opportunities.
No other program offers a comprehensive program like the Trade Accelerator Program. TAP is a one-stop-shop that will get businesses ready to go global in just a few sessions, culminating with a customized strategic export business plan carefully vetted by top industry experts!
Our newly developed learning platform, specifically built around practical tips and practices for international selling, further confirms TAP as the benchmark program for entrepreneurs interested in exporting.
Join our Trade Accelerator Program (TAP), an award-winning, national initiative that assists SMEs in expanding their operations internationally. Developed by the World Trade Centre Toronto, (WTC-T), TAP assists companies in navigating the global trade ecosystem by providing hands-on sessions and personalized mentoring from Canada’s world-class trade experts.
TAP PROGRAM AGENDA:
- Day 1: May 31 (9am – 1pm virtual): Value Proposition, Market Research, Market Entry Strategy, and Government Support Resources
- Day 2: June 6th (full day in person – Communitech Hub): International Sales, Channel Partner Management, Digital Marketing, E-Commerce, Brand Localization, KPIs
- Day 3: June 7th (full day in person – Communitech Hub): Trade Finance, US & Global Tax, Grants & Funding, International Contracts, Global Value Chain, Intellectual Property, Negotiation
- Day 4: June 14th (9am – 1pm virtual): ESG, Overcoming Objections, Closing Sales, “The Huddle”
- Mentoring Days: July 19th and 20th (9am – 1pm virtual)
TAP PROGRAM BENEFITS:
- Connect with industry experts
- Get advice from industry mentors
- Establish key contacts (Locally & Internationally)
- Develop a personalized Business Export Plan
- Receive ongoing support
TAP ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA*
- Your business is exporting a product, service, or technology, but wish to diversify your export market or have taken exploratory steps to develop your business abroad
- Your business generates more than $500,000 in annual revenue
- Your business has been operating for at least two years
- Your business has a strong value proposition
- Your businesses is willing to dedicate two senior representatives to participate in all stages of the program
*Exceptions to the above-mentioned criteria are made for companies in growth industries such as technology and healthcare. Applications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. For more information, or to understand if your company qualifies, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or join one of our regular TAP information sessions(Opens in a new window).
Thanks to our generous partners, Toronto Board of Trade members and Communitech members can now enroll in the program for $895 (early bird pricing before April 30th) plus HST and non-members can participate for $1395 (early bird pricing before April 30th) plus HST, instead of the original cost of $5,000 per company. After April 30th the member price will be $995 and non-members the price will be $1495.