Get the latest Tech News, Events, Talent & Tech Jobs in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent delivered directly to your inbox each month.
- This event has passed.
Windsor-Essex & Bangladesh Business Opportunities
June 12, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Bangladesh: An Investment and Trade Destination
Location: University of Windsor, Odette School of Business Room #123
Cost: Free However You Must Pre-Register Online to Attend
This event will focus on opportunities to enhance trade and investment relations between Bangladesh and Canada.
Bangladesh proudly stands as an emerging trade and investment destination with its pre-business, pre-investment policies, steady growth in export business and a hard working labour force.
Canada has been a trusted partner in Bangladesh’s advancement since it’s independence in December 1971.
While Canadian importers have excellent scopes to diversify import baskets from Bangladesh, its investors can accelerate investment in automotive, telecommunications, infrastructure, renewable energy, IT, pharmaceuticals, shipbuilding and service sectors.
The session will include a panel discussion with:
- Dean Mitchell Fields, Odette School of Business
- Rakesh Naidu, CEO & President, Windsor-Essex Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Mr. Miah MD Mainul Kabir, Counsellor, Bangladesh High Commission in Ottawa
- Mr. Md Shakil Mahamud, Counsellor, Bangladesh High Commission in Ottawa
- Mr. Saiful Bhuiyan, President, Bangladesh-Canada Association, Windsor-Essex
Bangladesh High Commissioner to Canada, H.E. Mizanur Rahman and President of the University of Windsor, Douglas Kneale will address the audience.