Do you have an innovative home improvement product? This is your opportunity to partner with the world’s leading home improvement retailer to bring your product to market. Apply online at www.innovationforsustainability.ca between August 6 and September 30, 2012.
The Next Meet the Buyer Event – Fall 2012
In late fall 2012, The Home Depot Canada will host its third Meet the Buyer event in Toronto, Ontario. Small and medium-sized manufacturers from Ontario and Quebec with an innovative home improvement product or technology are invited to apply.
Qualified manufacturers will be invited to the event and given the opportunity to:
- Pitch their product to a buyer from The Home Depot Canada
- Showcase their product to members of The Home Depot’s Merchandising Team, including senior leadership, in a tradeshow style environment
- Attend presentations given by senior representatives of The Home Depot Canada and the Governments of Ontario and Quebec
- Network and share experiences with key representatives from The Home Depot Canada, the Governments of Ontario and Quebec as well as fellow innovative product manufacturers
- Develop valuable knowledge related to the requirements of doing business with a large retailer such as The Home Depot.
Manufacturers of promising products will be awarded a trial in select Home Depot locations. A dedicated consultant will be available to help selected manufacturers navigate the various steps and requirements involved in becoming a Home Depot vendor. Products that are successful during the trial will be scaled up to larger markets, with an ultimate goal of national availability.
To qualify, the product must be:
- Made for retail sale to home improvement customers
- Designed, manufactured or assembled in Ontario or Quebec
Products meeting the above criteria will be further assessed on a number of additional business criteria, including consideration of efforts that the manufacturer has made to integrate environmental or social sustainability into their business or products.
There are no fees to apply or to attend the Meet the Buyer event. Manufacturers are invited to apply online from August 6 to September 30. The event date will be announced on the Innovation for Sustainability website by early August.