Windsor, ON (October 19, 2012) – The new Southwestern Ontario Development Fund is now open and receiving applications from companies that are driving innovation, growingWindsor andEssexCounty’s economy, and creating local jobs.
Modelled on the successful Eastern Ontario Development Fund, which has helped create and retain 13,200 jobs, this fund will help diversify and strengthen southwesternOntario’s economy by encouraging businesses to pursue innovation and new markets.
Attracting investment and building business is a key part of the McGuinty government’s plan to create jobs and strengthen the economy. A strong economy protects the services that matter most toOntariofamilies – health care and education.
“I am pleased the Southwestern Ontario Development Fund will now begin accepting applications. The fund was designed to reflect the unique needs of our community and strategic investments with local businesses will help create high quality jobs here in our community and help us become a leader in the global economic market.”
– Teresa Piruzza, MPP forWindsorWest
“Our government is proud to partner with local businesses committed to investing in innovative projects, growing their operations, and creating jobs in southwesternOntario. We’ll continue to work withOntariocommunities province-wide to grow local economies and attract the jobs of the future.”
– Brad Duguid, Minister of Economic Development and Innovation
- Employment inOntariohas increased by 356,000 net jobs from the recessionary low in June 2009.
- Recognizing that each region of Ontariohas separate and distinct requirements, the renewed Eastern Ontario Development Fund, the new Southwestern Ontario Development Fund, and the programs run by the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation will remain separate from the new Jobs and Prosperity Fund announced in the 2012 Ontario Budget.
- The government has cut taxes on business investment in half, making the province more competitive and encouraging new businesses to invest inOntario.
Find out if your business qualifies for the new Southwestern Ontario Development Fund.
See what else Ontario is doing to support job creation.