This year we have improved upon our categories, dropping one, combining others, and adding two new ones: the Accelerator Graduate of the Year and the Employer of the Year. Here are this year’s official award categories:
- Accelerator Graduate of the Year – Recognizing a startup graduate of a Canadian accelerator or incubator for its outstanding accomplishments in 2013.
- Startup of the Year – Recognizing a Canadian startup for its outstanding accomplishments in 2013.
- Employer of the Year – Recognizing the best Canadian technology employer in 2013.
- Entrepreneur of the Year – Recognizing the outstanding accomplishments of an exemplary Canadian entrepreneur in 2013.
- Angel Investor of the Year – Recognizing the Canadian angel investor who made the most significant impact in 2013.
- Venture Capital Firm of the Year – Recognizing the Canadian venture capitalist who made the most significant impact in 2013.
Until the end of this year we will be accepting nominations via Twitter, email, comments, or this form. If you would like to make a nomination on Twitter be sure to include the hashtag #StartupAwards and our handle, @Techvibes. Here’s a sample tweet:
“@techvibes I nominate @OMERSVentures for VC of the Year #StartupAwards”
Email nominations can be sent confidentially to firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments can be added to this blog post below through Disqus.
On December 31, 2013 we’ll close nominations and on Friday, January 3 we’ll announce the finalists for each category and open voting to the public. Then we’ll close voting on Sunday, January 19 and finally, we’ll annonuce the winners on Monday, January 20.