WEtech Alliance fosters innovation and accelerates growth. As one of the fourteen Regional Innovation Centres in the province of Ontario, funded by the Ontario Network of Entrepreneurs, WEtech provides an extensive roster of programs, advisory services and training to clients and members in the technology and innovation sectors in the Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent regions. In addition to growing the technology sector, WEtech is committed to building the talent pipeline including attracting and retaining the skilled talent we need to support and grow our region.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Youth Attraction and Retention Coordinator position is a 18 month contract position. The term of the position may be extended but this depends on future funding of the WE Explore Project. The position is designed to raise the profile of millennials within the Windsor and Essex County region and seeks to implement to the following objectives:
1. Increase collaboration and communication between existing organizations serving millennial and community stakeholders;
2. Increase awareness of community engagement opportunities through community promotion; and
3. Provide a regional platform whereby strong community connections are fostered among millennials living in the Windsor and Essex County region and the organizations that support them.
Stakeholder Assessment Consultations:
- Identify and assess via consultations the importance of key people and community organizations that may significantly influence the success of the WE Explore project initiatives.
- Review & identify the specific interests these stakeholders have in the WE Explore project.
- Develop partnership strategies that will best support and enhance the WE Explore project (could include sponsorship, human resources, project collaboration, etc…).
Millennial Week Windsor-Essex:
- Provide support and coordination of events and/or cross promotions as required.
- Manage branding, marketing, communications and promotion of Millennial Week.
- Encourage participation from local millennials and community stakeholders.
Social Media and Marketing:
- Develop and implement new social media and marketing strategy.
- Manage social media campaigns and day-to-day activities.
- Manage presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed.
- Become an advocate of WE Explore in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate to spread the word about WE Explore and its initiatives among local millennials.
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Provide feedback from insights gained from social media monitoring to the WE Prosper Youth Attraction and Retention Task Force (YARTF), to help evolve new strategies for engagement.
Communications and Public Relations:
- Advises YARTF in the development of internal/external communications strategies that support the overall strategic direction of WE Explore.
- Interview and write news releases, blogs, articles, editorials, and other written communications pieces directed to external audiences.
- Provide support and coordination of campaign events and/or cross promotions as required.
- Maintain and establish media and stakeholder relationships.
- Acts as the front line office to receive calls from media. Works with YARTF to determine appropriate action, deals with requests and follows-up as necessary.
- Coordinates and executes news conferences and other media events.
- Report monthly to YARTF on progress of the WE Explore project.
- Produce a final report on the outcomes of all projects undertaken under WE Explore, as well as recommendations for future projects.
Education and Experience
- Post-Secondary diploma or degree in related field. Minimum two years’ experience in community development, project management and social media engagement including:
- Strong project management or organizational skills
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Flickr etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
- Public relations, marketing and communication experience
- Knowledge of Windsor and Essex County
- Strong communication and outreach skills
- Creative writing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with creating and maintaining social media platforms (Facebook/Twitter)
- Solid knowledge and experience working within community-based organizations
- Strong networking skills
- Strong public speaking skills
- Experience working with volunteers
- Experience planning and implementing conferences, workshops and events
- Knowledge of existing millennials organizations, groups, project, and networks
- Experience working with funding organizations and groups an asset
- Graphic design expertise is an asset
- WEtech Alliance (Reporting)
- Youth Retention Task Force and Resource Panel Members
- Corporation of the City of Windsor and County of Essex
- University of Windsor, St. Clair College
- Community groups and organizations
- Local media and communication outlets
HOW TO APPLY
Send your resume by 4:30 PM, Friday, January 10th, 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org.