THE TAKE IT TO MARKET COMPETITION (MAY 2014) DETAILS
This year’s competition is scheduled for Thursday, May 15th, 2014 from approx. 2-5:30pm with a reception to follow.
The competition offers one year residency in the Imagination Catalyst’s Take It To Market incubator/accelerator to the top 10-15 applicants. Cash prizes for the top 3 pitches will be award as well as the “Diamond-in-the Rough Award”. In addition, this year we will be featuring a people’s choice award, and a separate award for best social enterprise start up.
Judges consist of 1 OCAD U plus 7 outside judges from industry and financial sectors. Judges will score candidates based on the following 5 Criteria:
- CANDIDATE COMMITMENT & PRESENTATION OVERALL: Has the pitch presentation clearly articulated the value proposition?
- DIFFERENTIATION/INNOVATION SCORE: Has the pitch/presentation demonstrated competitive differentiation/intellectual capital?
- QUALITY OF BUSINESS MODEL: Has the summary/presentation demonstrated a business model that can be financially viable, or, in the case of a social venture, will have the desired social impact?.
- CUSTOMER VALIDATION: Has the summary/presentation demonstrated market awareness? In other words, have you researched the market enough to know what you are talking about.
- MOTIVATION TO INVEST: Would you invest or back this opportunity?
COMPETITION ELIGIBILITY AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Entries can consist of any individuals or teams (including team members from outside OCAD U). This competition is open to aspirants of all ages.
Applicants verify that they are not and will not be violating any contract or third party rights including any patent, copyright, trade secret, proprietary or confidential information, trademark, publicity or privacy right during their pitch.
The pitches must be 3 minutes or less. Pitches will be followed by 2 minutes of questions from judges.
For more information on how to apply, please download here:
The Take It to Market Competition (PDF)