Are you ready to go head-to-head with the world’s top entrepreneurs and pitch your big idea to investors, customers and potential clients?
Apply here and submit a short video before September 17 for your chance to represent Canada at the Get in the Ring Regional Finals in Kansas City and the International Finals in Rotterdam, Netherlands during Global Entrepreneurship Week in November.
- The start-up has not been in operation full-time for more than 5 years.
- The start-up is registered or incorporated in Canada.
- The applicant is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada and is proficient in the English language.
- The applicant does not have a criminal record.
- The applicant is over the age of 18 at time of application.
- The start-up is a scalable and innovative business idea or model.
- The applicant has a valid passport and is able and willing to travel expense-paid to Kansas City for the regional finals, The American Startup Clash on November 6-7 and to Rotterdam, Netherlands, for the global finals being held November 21, 2014.
- The applicant is seeking funding that is available if he or she wins the North American Startup Clash and his/her start-up is determined to be worthy of funding by the investor judges at the international finals.
NOTE: Only 1 application will be accepted per company and must be submitted by a majority shareholder of the company.
- August 6: Online applications open
- September 17 at 5:00pm EST: Online applications due (includes a link to your video)
- September 19-26: Judging
- October 10: Five Canadian finalists announced and invited to Kansas City
- November 6-7: Finalists arrive in Kansas City to compete head-to-head in the North American Startup Clash. Travel expenses are provided.
- November 21: The winning North American entrepreneur will travel to compete in the international finals in Rotterdam, Netherlands, where he or she will compete against seven other entrepreneurs for a chance at more than $1 million in angel funding. Travel expenses are provided.
Get in the Ring is a featured event of Global Entrepreneurship Week.
Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) is celebrated every November in 140 countries around the world. Futurpreneur Canada (formerly the Canadian Youth Business Foundation or CYBF) is the official Canadian host of Global Entrepreneurship Week. Check out www.gewcanada.com to get involved in the 2014 campaign!
Tweet with us! #GITRCan14 or @GEWCanada
Questions? Email us at email@example.com
– See more at: http://www.futurpreneur.ca/en/initiatives/gew-canada/get-in-the-ring/#sthash.uSn5VMda.dpuf