NRC-IRAP Materials and Manufacturing Sector Team has developed and approved a contribution to CME (Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters) to help the first 10 IRAP clients interested in determining the feasibility of using metal 3D printing (additive manufacturing) for their own applications. There are no cost to IRAP clients and no need to complete the proposal. Companies need to be eligible for IRAP financial support and referred by an IRAP Advisor.
Each company will receive the following:
- Custom advisory support by CME Advisor to determine the initial business and technical feasibility of using additive manufacturing for a specific application.
- Test samples will be manufactured by an experienced contractor (NRC London, Whitfield Welding, McMaster University or other).
- CME will prepare a written report on the findings covering both technical and business feasibility.
- The approximate value of each feasibility project is $7,000
- The project may lead into an R&D project planning potentially supported by IRAP
Please let me know if you or your clients are interested in participating as soon as possible as 10 spots across Canada will be filled very quickly