Job Title: President and CEO
Position Type: Full-time
Reports To: Board of Directors of WEtech Alliance
The President and CEO serves as the chief executive of WEtech Alliance, reporting to its Board of Directors. In this capacity, the President and CEO will initiate and execute strategies which are consistent with WEtech’s mission and financial objectives. The President and CEO’s priority functions include 1) leadership; 2) organizing and sustaining consulting and advisory services; 3) advocacy, marketing, promotion and client/member recruitment; and 4) resource and funding development.
- Formulates policies and planning recommendations to the Board and decides or guides courses of actions in operations by staff.
- Recruiting clients/members by working with area institutions, businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field of technology, entrepreneurship, and innovation and commercialization.
- Consulting and advisory services to clients and members, both on premise and virtual, to assist in accelerating their growth and insuring their success. This includes collaboration with existing economic development programs and resources in the Windsor-Essex, Chatham-Kent and regional area and connection of entrepreneurs to those resources.
- Marketing and promotion of WEtech and capabilities in collaboration with all similar organizations and regional economic development organizations and efforts. Marketing includes increasing the stature, impact and effectiveness of WEtech, its clients and members and creating a platform for increasing WEtech’s funding base.
- Resource and funding development to create and maintain a sustainable funding model for operation of WEtech Alliance programs. This includes innovative grant and resource development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
In fulfilling these core functions, the President and CEO work will entail:
- Developing and executing programs for recruiting clients and members;
- Recruiting resources for advising and mentoring clients;
- Acting as a public spokesperson for WEtech Alliance;
- Supervising staff and building teamwork ;
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with WEtech partners and other economic development and government institutions;
- Initiating both annual and strategic planning processes;
- Preparing and presenting program evaluation metrics; and
- Maintaining financial records and reports.
Qualifications and Capabilities:
- Proven ability to advise and mentor startup companies and their leadership. A successful track record in owning and operating one or more businesses would be a significant plus. Experience in teaching or tutoring business subjects or mentoring business leaders or peers in a diverse base of subjects including marketing, finance, operations, human resources, sales and law.
- Proven financial management skills including the ability to assemble and manage an operating and capital budget and demonstrated expertise in innovative capital management including collaboration with variable funding sources.
- An ability to manage and lead multiple collaborations, including the ability to structure co-creation, co-funding, co-marketing and co-execution initiatives to advance a common goal.
- Knowledge or significant familiarity with businesses, or economic development agencies in the Southwestern Ontario and area.
- A demonstrated history of fundraising and resource development for either a nonprofit or for profit entity would be a significant plus, as would an expertise in grant writing, new revenue generation or capital raising.
Interested Candidates should submit (by e-mail) a completed resume and cover letter to:
Frank Abbruzzese, Chair; no later than March 18th, 2015 to email@example.com