Will Your Company Help Connect the World?
Microsoft’s Affordable Access Initiative will provide grants to commercial entities for scalable solutions that help people in underserved communities access the Internet and use cloud services.
Selected companies will receive up to $75,000 in free software, services and mentorship from Microsoft to scale solutions to help close the digital divide.
Did you know?
Most of the world’s population is not connected to the Internet. Underserved markets, rural and remote areas, and economically disadvantaged communities are least likely to have online access. That’s where you come in. With affordable Internet service access, 4.2 billion more people could communicate, find jobs, and pursue local and global passions.
Develop low-cost connectivity solutions, cloud-based services, and business models that bring the Internet to underserved markets. The Microsoft Affordable Access Initiative seeks to nurture, grow, and scale innovative businesses like yours. Companies selected for this program will receive grants averaging $75,000 to help you serve more customers.
- Leverage low-cost forms of Internet connectivity
- Demonstrate innovative approaches to selling cloud services geared for underserved markets
- Integrate localized payment platforms and consumption models designed for customers in relevant markets
- Be a commercial organization with two or more full-time employees (we will not accept applications from non-profits, government agencies, or academic institutions)
- Have a working solution
- Prove potential to scale to new markets and leverage partner distribution models
- Provide valid copies of licenses and authorizations
- Present a business plan free of legal and regulatory impediments
Proposals are due by 11:59 P.M. Pacific Time, January 15, 2016.
To learn more, visit http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/affordable-access-initiative/home/