- Learn how to be a Social Entrepreneur – online and in-class courses, Do-it-Yourself (DIY) toolkits and free resources locally and beyond.
- Social Enterprises – what they are, and how they operate.
- Social Business Model Canvas – a tool for creating a business model around a social enterprise.
- Starting & Growing a Social Enterprise – for creating a new enterprise, or expanding an existing one, a directory of educational and informational resources including courses, events, mentorship and incubation spaces.
- Grants & Financing – local, provincial and national grants, loans and equity investment options.
Social Enterprises have been recognized as an important social innovation tool by the Ontario Ministry of Economic Development and Growth, which launched a social enterprise strategy to accelerate their growth.
The more than 10,000 social enterprises already in Ontario are helping reduce poverty, protect the environment, build stronger communities and create jobs.
“We are very excited to provide these tools to entrepreneurs and non-profit organizations,” states Yvonne Pilon, President & CEO WEtech Alliance. “These resources will help inform and ignite even more innovation across our region.”
Project Manager, Social innovation