As we continue to monitor the changing dynamics around the COVID-19 pandemic in Windsor-Essex, Chatham-Kent and around the world, WEtech Alliance is working closely with appropriate health and government authorities along with community partners to determine the protocols and next steps necessary to ensure the health and safety of our team, clients and partners.
With this firmly in mind, here’s a list of all the local tech events and programs that have been suspended, cancelled, postponed or modified due to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak.
Tech Events (Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent)
- Doing Business with Government and Innovation Information Forum set for March 24 has been cancelled.
- Windsor Essex Great Lakes Regional FIRST Robotics Competition has set for March 27-28 been cancelled.
- WinHacks, Windsor’s First Major League Hackathon, set for March 27-29 is going virtual. Read more.
- Cross-Border MedHealth Summit has been postponed to July 15th.
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications Predictions 2020 with Duncan Stewart set for May 12 in Windsor and Chatham have been cancelled.
- Until further notice, University of Windsor’s Women in Cybersecurity will be cancelling all WiCyS Windsor events.
- Canada Learning Code (Windsor Chapter) Intro to UX Design scheduled for April 4th has been cancelled. The organization is aiming to reschedule for May 9th.
Tech Events (Ontario)
- True North Festival set for June 1-7 has been cancelled.
- Collision Conference 2020 set for June 22-25 has been postponed from physically taking place until June 2021. Collision from Home has been introduced in light of no physical conference. Collision from Home will bring together the people and companies redefining the global tech industry.
Tech Client Support, Programs and Services
- TeCK Tuesday (Chatham) has been postponed until further notice.
- WEtech Alliance‘s Business Advisory Support will be suspending all ‘face-to-face’ client meetings and consultations and implementing online delivery and telephone engagement wherever possible (For more information, contact Adam Castle at email@example.com). Please note, we will continue to support new and existing clients virtually. If you’re an entrepreneur looking to help start or grow you tech idea/company, click here. By filling out an application, you are taking the first step forward to becoming a client in WEtech’s portfolio. After submission, you will be shown a link to book a time with our Director of Venture Services, Adam Castle. This first meeting will assist us in ensuring your idea or business is the right fit for our portfolio and will give you a solid overview of the resources WEtech provides to help companies grow.
- Innovation Catalyst programming and consultations will move to online delivery and telephone engagement wherever possible (For more information, contact Adam Frye at firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Canadian Digital Media Network (CDMN) has closed applications for the next Soft Landing Program cohort (Summer 2020).
You must be logged in to post a comment.