WindsorEssex Small Business Centre is currently seeking outgoing, enthusiastic, qualified candidates for the position of Digital Service Squad – Team Member. This is a unique opportunity to support the growth of one of the region’s most innovative economic development programs. The Digital Main Street program is the first of its kind globally and has experienced excellent traction since its launch in June 2016.
As a member of the Digital Service Squad, you will be a key contributor to the success of the platform and the growth of the program as a whole. The Digital Service Squad is assigned to specific Business Improvement Areas (BIAs) in the City of Windsor and Municipalities of Essex County and will be required to travel independently across this region.
The focus of the role is to work one-on-one with main street businesses to provide the following services.
- Conduct pre-business visit research to understand BIA/neighbourhood and businesses
- Work with the BIA Co-ordinator to set-appointments or go door-to-door to onboard main street businesses to the Digital Main Street platform
- Review on-boarding survey with business owners and use appreciative inquiry methods to understand business goals and how digital tools/technology can assist them in meeting goals
- Assist business in staying in touch with Digital Main Street by subscribing to e-newsletter and social channels
- Once business has been on-boarded to the Digital Main Street platform, review Digital Assessment and Recommendations with business owner
- Assist business owner in identifying first priorities and first digital tools/technology to activate
- Review vendor recommendations made through the platform and lead business owner to relevant deals/discounts on the platform
- Activate and implement free, easy-to-use digital tools and technologies
- Provide resources available through secondary sources to help business owner learn more about a particular tool that has been activated or subject matter of interest
Reporting and Feedback
- Complete field notes and report on a weekly basis to Program Co-ordinator and Program Manager
- Attend Team Meetings as set out by the Program Manager
- Attend workshops and events related to Digital Main Street as required
Qualified applicants will:
- Possess strong communications skills (written and verbal)
- Possess strong interpersonal and relationship building/relationship management skills
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills
- Have experience in a sales role and/or marketing environment
- Be able to travel and work independently in various BIAs in Windsor and Essex County
- Be familiar with digital technologies for small business (e.g. web, social media, e-commerce)
- Be able to use basic software and collaboration tools such as Microsoft Office Suite and Slack
- Previous experience with online and offline marketing is considered a strong asset
- Previous experience working with small businesses in BIAs is considered an asset
This position is a short-term contract for up to 35 hours per week reporting day-to-day to the Program Co-ordinator with the WindsorEssex Small Business Centre.
Qualified individuals should submit their resume to
by September 13, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The WindsorEssex Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodation during the recruitment process is available for job applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform the WindsorEssex Economic Development Corporation of any accommodation(s) that you may require. We are taking every precaution to keep our employees safe during the COVID-19 pandemic with strict protocols in place.