JOB POSTING: Manager of Programs and Events (1-Year Contract)
WEtech Alliance is a Regional Innovation Center (RIC) in the Province of Ontario that acts as a hub for the acceleration and commercialization of innovation and technology in Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent Counties. WEtech’s mandate is to create economic prosperity by removing barriers to the creation and growth of technology and tech-enabled companies. WEtech works with start-up companies and growing firms, and partners with similar organizations to support growth, innovation and prosperity.
Position Summary: Manager of Programs and Events (1-year contract)
Reporting to the Director of Operations and working in collaboration with the Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent entrepreneurship ecosystem, the Manager of Programs & Events will be responsible for planning, facilitating and executing WEtech Alliance’s programs and events targeted at entrepreneurs, talent and community. The Manager of Programs & Events will work collaboratively with the Windsor-Essex, Chatham-Kent entrepreneurship and broader ecosystem to enhance engagement among entrepreneurs and talent regarding programing and events in Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent.
The Manager of Programs & Events will be responsible for planning and implementing program related events and activities as well as provide administrative and coordination support for WEtech Alliance programs and operations.
WEtech Alliance hosts and partners on over 75+ events per year. Both in-person and online events and workshops are a primary method of connecting and informing the innovation community in Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent.
The specific responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Planning and coordination of meetings, events and program activities, including: with partners; promotions and advertising; schedules, guests and speakers; in the development of event and program sponsors for WEtech Alliance focused events.
- Delivers promotional presentations at meetings, keeps records of entrepreneurial successes and acts as a key resource as entrepreneurship and innovation is infused into Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent’s culture
- Operational and administrative day-to-day coordination and assistance of WEtech Alliance Programs including Digital Main Street Future Proof Program, ScaleUP Tech Accelerator, Tech Week YQG, Tech Awards, etc….
- Research and promote programs, services, and resources that are available to tech and tech-enabled entrepreneurs/talent and offered by provincial and federal governments and not-for-profit organizations; develop relationships with such organizations
- Manage the program/event schedule, timelines, and milestones, carefully monitoring all aspects of the program/event, and coordinating the work and contributions of partners and contractors; engage other staff members from the entrepreneurial ecosystem as appropriate.
- Collaborate with partners and stakeholders by building and nurturing effective and collaborative networks and relationships with colleagues and stakeholders across the Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent entrepreneurial ecosystem, seeking opportunities to enhance outcomes through partnerships, and implementing strategies that enhance collaboration and achievement of objectives
- Tracking and reporting program/event targets/metrics
- Maintain budget and track expenditures for events and related programs
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure successful execution of all aspects of the programs and events
- Manage and compile communications pieces including for monthly newsletters, etc…
- Represent WEtech Alliance positively within the community and that of the surrounding region, and with outside agencies
- Lead promotional activities for both WEtech Alliance events and community events hosted in-person and/or digitally (as required)
- Develop all event materials including online registration pages, invitations, marketing descriptions, and final reporting.
- Managing registration and all related tools and tracking event metrics and statistics for reporting
- Coordinating with WEtech’s Venture Services Team to select target audiences, new program development and client communications regarding events and programming
- Working with Marketing Team to generate awareness and drive attendance to events/programs
- Selecting and setting up appropriate online technologies
- Completion of post event follow up activities (satisfaction surveys, CRM input etc.)
- Managing Peer-to-Peer Groups and Slack Channel
- Other duties as may be required
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or certificate in business and/or related field, mid-level position with 3-5 years of experience
- Experience with program and event coordination / management
- Evidence of strong organization, interpersonal and communications skills, and working relationships with others, both internal and external; demonstrated responsive and professional attitude.
- Knowledge of entrepreneurial ecosystem is considered an asset
- Proficiency interacting with and using digital technologies such as Eventbrite, Constant Contact, etc…
- Internet, technology and social media savvy
- Excellent collaborator who is creative
- Relationship building and networking skills
- Willing to travel regional (e.g. project meetings, community events, etc.).
- Able to take a project-based approach; independently plan, organize and prioritize and coordinate tasks to achieve goals in a timely and efficient manner
- Passionate about ensuring that entrepreneurs, students and community have the best entrepreneurial resources available to them.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Able to learn and adapt to change.
- Proven ability to multitask and exhibit excellent attention to detail while consistently following established procedures and processing transactions.
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision, and accept guidance from various members of WEtech’s team.
- Contract position from May to May, Full-time, Contract (1 year)
- Salary: $50,000-60,000/year
- Resides in Windsor-Essex and/or Chatham-Kent
- Frequent evening or weekend work to attend community outreach events and/or programs. After-hours work time will be balanced with regular work hours.
- Must have a valid Ontario driver’s license and access to their own vehicle transportation.
Location: Joyce Entrepreneurship Centre, 2455 Wyandotte Street West, Located inside EPICentre, 2nd Floor, Windsor, ON N9B 0C1 (Remote work until lockdown measures and safety protocols have been lifted)
To Apply: If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than April 30th, 2021 at 5PM. Please include Manager of Programs & Event in the subject line.
We thank all applicants in advance. Please note that only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential.
Apply in Confidence:
President & CEO