Get the latest Tech News, Events, Talent & Tech Jobs in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent delivered directly to your inbox each month.
- This event has passed.
Innovation Outpost @Urban Surf – KEEPING YOUR BRAND AFLOAT
July 14, 2022 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Connect with experts and fellow entrepreneurs on both shore and lake to discover the many tactics used to keep a start-up brand afloat.
You are invited to attend an exclusive event focused on various strategies and tips in keeping your start-up brand afloat as an entrepreneur, even when the waves come. The event will include both land and lake activities, all the while creating opportunities to network with entrepreneurs, business support organizations, partners and community members.
FREE Ticket includes:
- Complimentary hors d’oeuvres & a refreshing slushy
- Access to start-up branding presentations & networking
- Complimentary ticket to a sunset paddle (on a paddle board or kayak for one or two)
Register today to reserve your spot as we have a limited number of tickets! Registration closes on Wednesday July 13th at 6pm.
The event is being hosted by WEtech Alliance and powered by Libro Credit Union, in partnership with the Municipality of Lakeshore.
This is what you can expect on the SHORE:
- 5:50pm-6:20pm: Registration – grab a slushy and some light bites on the patio area
- 6:20pm-6:30pm: Welcome and event intros
- 6:30pm-7:15pm: Start-up Brand Presentation with Tia Hughes, Founder and Creative Director of Tia Hughes Design
- 7:15pm-7:30pm: Brand journey chat with Danielle Chevalier and Chris Mingay, founders of Urban Surf
This is what you can expect on the LAKE:
- When you select the registration button below, (and we hope you do), you will be prompted to choose either a paddle board, a solo kayak or double kayak. (this is complimentary to all guests)
- Join us for a 1.5 hour paddle on beautiful Lake St. Clair under a gorgeous Windsor-Essex county sunset
But wait, what do we do if it rains:
- If it rains, we will “make like entrepreneurs” and make the best of it and still proceed with our sunset paddle. In the event of a storm, the event will be diverted to Urban Surf’s indoor space and we will still make the best of it !
Who is this event for? This event is for students, aspiring entrepreneurs, entrepreneurs and business owners, and anyone who is curious about entrepreneurship. The goal for this event is to help motivate, connect and support the local entrepreneurship community.
About Innovation Outposts: The Innovation Outposts event series, powered by Libro Credit Union, connects businesses with important resources designed to inspire growth and strong relationships. Innovation Outpost events include community building activities and workshops to connect entrepreneurs, supporting business development through educational programming, and strengthening networks to regional and national business support groups. For more details, visit www.wetech-alliance.com/outposts or email Lauryn Bodde, Events Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.