Get the latest Tech News, Events, Talent & Tech Jobs in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent delivered directly to your inbox each month.
SBC presents: Building Your First Team… The Right Way!
May 31, 2019 @ 9:00 am – 11:30 am
This interactive workshop is designed for small business owners who have not yet hired employees but are at the stage where they need to bring on help. Coach and consultant Jess Critchlow, owner of Light UP Work, will be running this pragmatic and action-oriented session.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Understand the tipping points of WHEN to hire a team to support the business
- Learn the fundamentals of defining a role
- Understanding ways to source candidates and how to evaluate the right person for a role
- Learn the key parts of an ‘onboarding’ plan, how to bring a new employee into your team and help them hit the ground running
- Understand what a ‘Good Manager’ is and (is not), and what key strengths they bring to a manager role
This seminar will take place at the Institute for Border Logistics & Securities located at 3475 Wheelton Drive. The building is located at the end of the street, directly across from the new FedEx building. Please see the Google map for directions: https://goo.gl/maps/Ry1aqmu3Evp
ADVANCED REGISTRATION REQUIRED
Registration is from 9:00 am to 9:30 am.