Position Available @ WEtech Alliance: The Business Development Analyst
WEtech Alliance is the newly established Regional Innovation Center (RIC) that acts as a hub for the commercialization of innovation and technology in Windsor and Essex Counties. WEtech’s mandate is to create economic prosperity by removing barriers to the creation and growth of technology companies. WEtech works with start-up enterprises and growing firms, and partners with similar organizations to support growth, innovation and prosperity.
Position Summary: The Business Development Analyst is an analytical, resourceful and flexible individual who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and will be a key team member of the WEtech organization. The position reports to the President & CEO.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Business Development Analyst:
- Meets with new intake companies to identify needs of companies, review business concepts, assess management skills, direct to initial resources such as business plan templates and online resources. Additionally, reviews the Client Service Level Agreement and obtains a signed copy from the company. After meeting with client, present client overview to weekly team meeting for allocation to resource.
- Enters details of client meetings into the Client Management System when needed.
- In time will oversee the regular collection of metrics for the team and compiles reports suitable for inclusion in MRI (ONE) reporting.
- Completes market research on Windsor Essex emerging sectors including cluster mapping
- Identifies and develops new clients in developing sectors
- Determine client needs and address shortfalls in financial, structure and strategic needs
- Works with partners such as local economic development agencies, SBEC, IRAP, and BAS. ECDFC to make the best referrals for client companies
- Markets/educate our local municipalities of the roles and programs of WEtech
- Performs at host at County WEtech and collaborative events
- Works with/as the Entrepreneur in Residence to ensure required resources and reporting on a regular basis.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Contributes to WEtech strategy sessions to determine and deliver client needs
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Relevant post-secondary education, College diploma or University degree with experience in research and commercialization
- Innovation and/ or technology entrepreneurial experience will be considered a strong asset
- Regional travel is a mandate
- Strength in writing, budgeting, project management
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- A flexible and a strong customer service attitude and able to work in confidential environment
- Ability to work accurately under tight timelines and manage multiple deadlines
- Ability to work independently in a close team environment
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for Windsor Essex, the local tech sector, government and community organizations
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft suite of software products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Exceptional planning, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and own vehicle required
3-4 days per week
Occasional evening and weekend work required
Collegial, supportive atmosphere in a community-focused office, WEtech’s hiring practices are aligned with human rights laws, which guarantee every person equal treatment in regard to employment and opportunity for employment, regardless of race, color, creed/religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, mental or physical disability.
Locations: 720 Ouellette Ave, Windsor ON N9A 1C2
39 Maidstone Av. East, Essex 519-776-4611
Please include Business Development Analyst Position in the subject line.
We thank all applicants in advance. Please note that only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential
Apply in Confidence:
Karen Behune Plunkett
President & CEO