WEtech Alliance is a Regional Innovation Center (RIC) in the Province of Ontario that acts as a hub for the acceleration and commercialization of innovation and technology in Windsor-Essex, Chatham-Kent Counties. WEtech’s mandate is to create economic prosperity by removing barriers to the creation and growth of technology companies. WEtech works with start-up enterprises and growing firms, and partners with similar organizations to support growth, innovation and prosperity.
The Program and Client Facilitator is an analytical, resourceful and flexible individual who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and will be a key team member of the WEtech organization. The position reports to the President & CEO.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Program and Client Facilitator:
- Possess a knowledge of each and every program designed for clients though all of our collaborative stakeholders and programs
- Meets with Entrepreneurs-in-Residence and intake companies to identify needs of companies, direct to initial resources such as business plan templates and online resources and available resources and applicable programs to best accelerate the companies or start ups.
- Enters details of programs and funding opportunities for the client and records into the Client Management System when needed.
- Will contribute the regular collection of metrics along with the Entrepreneurs-in-Residence and Business Analysts and compiles reports suitable for inclusion in MRI (ONE) reporting.
- Completes market research on Windsor Essex emerging sectors including cluster mapping
- Follow through with the Entrepreneurs-in-Residence/Business Analysts when they determine client needs and address shortfalls in financial, structure and strategic needs to identify appropriate programs, services and funding.
- Works with partners such as local economic development agencies, Small Business Centre, Industrial Research Assistance Program, Essex Community Futures Development Corporation, and Business Advisory Services make the best referrals for client companies
- Markets/educates our local municipalities of the roles and programs of WEtech
- Performs as host at Essex County WEtech and collaborative events
- Ensure required resources and reporting on a regular basis.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Contributes to WEtech strategy sessions to determine and deliver client needs
- Incorporates strong social media and communication skills to best position WEtech’s role through our programs and services
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Relevant post-secondary education, College diploma or University degree with experience in research and communications
- Strength in writing, budgeting, project management
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- A flexible and a strong customer service attitude and able to work in confidential environment
- Ability to work accurately under tight timelines and manage multiple deadlines
- Ability to work independently in a close team environment
- Ability to learn and be knowledgeable and enthusiastic for the local tech sector, entrepreneurship, and government and community organizations
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft suite of software products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Exceptional planning, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and own vehicle required
- Occasional evening and weekend work required
- Collegial, supportive atmosphere in a community-focused office, WEtech’s hiring practices are aligned with human rights laws, which guarantee every person equal treatment in regard to employment and opportunity for employment, regardless of race, color, creed/religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, mental or physical disability.
Locations: 720 Ouellette Ave, Windsor ON N9A 1C2
39 Maidstone Av. East, Essex ON N8M 2J4
To Apply: If you are interested in this opportunity please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 28, 2014. Please include Client and Program Facilitator in the subject line.
We thank all applicants in advance. Please note that only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential
Apply in Confidence:
Karen Behune Plunkett
President & CEO