JOB DETAILS AT http://www.authenticjobs.com/jobs/21424/wordpress-technical-support
Modern Tribe is the company behind The Events Calendar and its stable of premium add-ons, and we’re growing. We’ve got an immediate opening on our community team for someone looking to take on 10-20 hours of technical support work a week. The types of tasks you’d be working on include:
- Managing the support forums, providing troubleshooting guidance for bugs and common integration issues. All our technical support is handled via forums, and we strive to get all threads a reply within 24 hours.
- Testing bug reports locally and logging confirmed bugs in our projects system, with appropriate detail and testing instructions.
- Pre-release QA testing of our monthly maintenance releases to ensure the code is stable.
- Creating tutorials, snippets, screencasts and other support materials to help users help themselves.
- Running regular user testing sessions and serving as the voice of the community during roadmap discussions.
You will be on the front-lines, representing Modern Tribe to customers. In many ways, you are the face of the company.
Looking for opportunities beyond support? We’ve got you covered; the folks on Modern Tribe’s community team have their hands in everything! Though technical support will be your wheelhouse, there are plenty of opportunities to learn and get your hands dirty in all sides of the business. QA testing, marketing, project management, design and development opportunities are all available for those who demonstrate passion and proficiency handling support. If there is an area you wish to grow in the WordPress space, we’ll do our best to provide you with tools to get there.
Please read this list before applying — candidates who apply without meeting this criteria will not be considered for the gig. The right candidate will have:
- Familiarity with our primary plugin, The Events Calendar.
- Experience working in a remote, distribute environment.
- Great communication skills, a transparent attitude and values in line with our company’s motto of “happy, helpful, curious + accountable.”
- (BONUS) Code samples that demonstrate technical abilities — plugins, snippets or anything else our devs can review to get a sense of your experience.
Please note that we’re seeking full-time freelancers only — this is not a “job”, but a freelance gig. You will be expected to maintain other clients in addition to Modern Tribe, and will be responsible for managing your commitments accordingly. Those moonlighting from a full-time job need not apply.
We are a lifestyle company: it’s important that everyone on our team is able to live the life they want. So long as you’re getting your work done…you’re in charge of your own schedule. Work how you want to, when you want to.