Through the support of Ontario Trillium Foundation, Women’s Enterprise Skills Training of Windsor Inc. (WEST) in partnership with Hackforge presents Computer Girls. Computer Girls offers computer training to women and young women in the Windsor & Essex County area. Classes are held at WEST’s offices downtown Windsor (647 Ouellette Avenue Suite 201).
Basic Computer Literacy:
This course is designed for women with very basic computer knowledge. Participants will gain practical computer knowledge in Microsoft Office, the internet, computer security, etc.
• Computer Basics (Feb. 11: 6-8PM)
• The Internet, Cloud Services, and World Wide Web (Feb. 25: 6-8PM)
• Word, Spreadsheet, and Presentation Programs (Mar. 11: 6-8PM)
• Computer Security and Privacy (Mar. 25: 6-8PM)
Intro to Coding:
This course is designed to provide individuals with practical skills employers are looking for. If you want to pursue a career in computer science, or if you enjoy working with computers….this program is for you! Participants will learn about Coding, Web Animation, Photo Editing, etc.
• Introduction to HTML (Feb. 18: 6-8PM)
• Introduction to CSS (Mar 4: 6-8PM)
• Intermediate HTML/CSS (Apr 1: 6-8PM)