Women’s Enterprise Skills Training of Windsor Inc. (WEST) is currently recruiting new students for their Women in Skilled Trades Program which will commence in early August. This is a full time program for 7 months for low income women looking to start a new career.
Pre-Apprenticeship CNC/Industrial Mechanic Millwright Certificate Program for Women (IMM)
This program is designed to facilitate the entry of women without prior experience or knowledge into the millwright/machining trade as well as provide additional employment training and support.
Eligible participants in the program will receive:
· 20 weeks in-class training
· 4 weeks employment training
· 12 week paid work placement
· Support by WEST to secure an apprenticeship in one of many possible trades
To be eligible for the program you must:
· Be at least 16 years old
· Have an Ontario Grade 12 graduation diploma or equivalent
· LINC Level 6 or higher with solid math skills
· Be a resident of and able to work in Ontario
TUITION IS FREE! And various supports are covered for those that qualify, including childcare, transportation, safety equipment, and food onsite during training.
For more info, please contact WEST.