On Wednesday, November 15, 2017 Splice Digital Inc. together with Windsor Essex Economic Corporation and WEtech Alliance, will be hosting our region’s first “Digital Innovation Challenge” during Tech Week YQG. If you have an innovative digital product, app or web concept, we can’t wait to hear your pitch. The Digital Innovation Challenge is open to Windsor-Essex residents of all ages.
An application is required whereby 10 finalists will be chosen to compete and present on Wednesday, November 15, 2017. The presentations will be held at the Institute for Border Logistics on 3475 Wheelton Drive, Windsor, ON beginning at 9:00 am. All finalists will pitch to a panel of judges and audience members who come from a variety of sectors including economic development, finance, IT and government.
The following criteria will be used to score each applicant:
- Innovation – the unique nature of the digital product
- Purpose – what benefits does the digital product offer
- Commercialization – does the digital product have market potential and why
The winner of this challenge will receive the following:
- 40 hours of development work valued at $5,000.00 donated by Splice Digital Inc.
- Recognized on Splice Digital Inc.’s website and social media
- Lunch with incubators, small business developers and business support
- A chance to present to WECAN – Windsor Essex Capital Angel Network’s investor group
For more information or to apply visit, http://www.splicedigital.com/challenge/.
For complete details on Tech Week YQG, visit techweekyqg.com.