Celebrating 2017 Mayor’s Awards
Over its 125-year history, the City of Windsor has evolved from the foundations of a small town to becoming a key international city. Along with one of the most breathtaking riverfronts in the world, Windsor celebrates world-class technology, trend-setting businesses, a vibrant cultural community, and first class educational institutions and hospitals.
Windsor can be described simply as – a great Canadian City.
The success of this city is due in large part to the people of Windsor, people who have held fast to their belief in their beloved city and people who have contributed significantly to the Windsor we enjoy today.
In honour of the 125th anniversary of incorporation, Mayor Dilkens will present 25 awards recognizing passionate, community-minded citizens who have helped to make Windsor a “great city.” Awards will be presented in the categories named and described below.
The winners of these awards will have demonstrated an extraordinary effort toward making Windsor a better place, not just for themselves, but for their neighbours, friends and community.
“The city’s 125th anniversary provides us with a unique opportunity to reflect on how far we have come as a city,” said Mayor Drew Dilkens. “Recognizing the people and groups that work hard to help our city thrive is an important part of our city’s 125th celebration. I am particularly interested in nominations for those that have never been recognized for their service to Windsor. I encourage residents to think about the people they know who have quietly given time to making our community a wonderful place to live.”
Application / Nomination Form
Information for Submitting Application/Nomination Forms
- Nominees must be Windsor residents.
- Applications must be completed in full, including references.
- Nominations may be made in more than one category. Please complete a separate form for each category.
- Deadline for nominations: Thursday, November 24, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.
- Winners will be selected by the Mayor and notified on December 8, 2017.
- Awards will be presented Tuesday, December 19, 2017; specific details to follow.
You can complete and submit a Nomination/Application Form in one of three ways:
- Click the Online Form link above, complete and submit directly online.
- Click the Manual Form link above, complete, scan and email to email@example.com.
Click the Manual Form link above, complete, and mail it to:
- Celebrating 2017 Mayor’s Awards
c/o The Office of the Mayor
350 City Hall Square
Windsor, ON. N9A 6S1