Position Summary:Startup Business Advisor / Program Manager (2 Year Contract) The Startup Business Advisor / Program Manager is a dynamic and highly adaptable business professional who has previous experience in either business development, sales and marketing, creative problem solving, and managing new business or innovation programs in a technology sector. The ideal candidate has knowledge about commercialization of technology or new business ideas, including at least one of these areas: company creation, sales and marketing, finance and investment, value proposition and business models, product innovation, strategies for business growth and scale-up.
Responsibilities:The Startup Business Advisor / Program Manager will have the key responsibility of managing, organizing and delivering a suite of business acceleration programs, all of which provide commercialization and entrepreneurship development support for startup and SME clients. The specific responsibilities may include:
- Perform new client intake assessments for WEtech’s business acceleration programs, and thoroughly assess and document the business needs and opportunities of each applicant according to established procedures.
- Perform ongoing business advisory services with clients.
- Manage the delivery of WEtech’s StartUP/ScaleUP accelerator programs
- Manage tracking of business program metrics through WEtech’s CRM system, analyze the data with monthly reports, and be accountable to prepare quarterly reports on service metrics to WEtech’s funding authorities and directors.
- Develop, market and present information about business acceleration programs at our team meetings, and regularly engage with WEtech’s community of tech entrepreneurs, startups and SME clients.
- Works with partners such as local economic development agencies, Small Business Centre, Industrial Research Assistance Program, Business Resource Centre, and Business Advisory Services to make the best referrals for client companies.
- Identify and engage new startup advisors and professional service firms to benefit clients.
- Contribute a regular collection of metrics and compile reports suitable for inclusion in government and funder reporting.
- Possess a knowledge of various programs designed for clients though all of our collaborative stakeholders and programs.
- Ensure required resources and reporting on a regular basis.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Assist President & CEO with selected strategic or community projects.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, entry-level position with 0-2 years of experience – Commerce/Finance, Business Administration or Marketing, Engineering; knowledge of STEM areas is preferable.
- Past experience working within a technology startup and/or technology innovation incubator organization is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks under tight deadlines, and deliver quality work in a timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability and confidence to interact with various levels of the organization/community.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision, and accept guidance from various members of WEtech’s team.
- Regular full-time hours, 5 days per week.
- Frequent evening or weekend work to attend community outreach events, or to deliver business acceleration programs. After-hours work time will be balanced with regular work hours.
- Occasional remote work at community office locations across Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent.
- Must have a valid Ontario driver’s license and access to their own vehicle transportation.