Wouldn’t it be great to share how amazing Windsor-Essex is by sending beautiful postcards to your friends and families featuring a picture that you took or an image that you created?
Well, windsoriteDOTca, in partnership with the City of Windsor and the 2013 International Children’s Games Windsor-Essex, is launching the Create A Postcard For Windsor-Essex contest and we want your best photo/graphic/artistic renderings to represent the region! For more details, visit www.windsorite.ca/postcard.
What We Would Like To See
We’re looking for your best and most creative images of Windsor-Essex to make the region shine and make us all proud to be part of this great community.
Here are some ideas:
- Local landmarks such as Jackson Park, Willistead Manor, the Windsor Sculpture Park, etc
- Tourist and historical destinations like Windsor’s Riverfront, Fort Malden, 1812 history sites, etc.
- Local festivals, events, fireworks, etc.
- Image submitted to the Create A Postcard For Windsor-Essex contest must be an original image created/taken by you.
- Image must be in high-quality, high-resolution digital format (at least 2000 pixels wide, JPG, PNG, PDF format).
- Images submitted containing text or watermarks will not be accepted
- Only one entry per person (you are required to provide your full name, address, email address and phone number and we’ll contact you by email or phone to let you know if you’ve won).
- You must be 18 years of age to enter this contest, or must be able to provide proof of parental consent.
- Entries must be submitted by July 6th 2013 at 11:59pm.
- While credit will be given to winners on materials related to the contest, by submitting your image you agree to allow the City of Windsor, windsoriteDOTca, The County of Essex and the International Children’s Games Windsor-Essex to freely use it in any future publications or formats without credit.
- If your photo/graphic/artistic rendering includes identifiable people, we must be able to get in touch with them afterwards to get permission to use it. Be sure you can identify anyone in the photo/graphic/artistic rendering you submit. The contact information of identifiable people must be provided upon request if your photo/graphic/artistic rendering is a finalist. If the consent of identifiable people is not obtained, the photo/graphic/artistic rendering will be disqualified. Exception: people in crowds don’t have to be identified.
- windsoriteDOTca reserves the right to refuse any photo/graphic/artistic rendering that does not meet the stated theme of this contest.
Choosing Finalists And The Winner:
- An expert panel of local photography/artwork judges will select six finalists (we’ll be printing all six images on postcards with the finalists’ names on the back) and we’ll announce the six finalists on the 18th of July, 2013
- Then, voting for one grand prize winner will begin on July 18th and last ’till July 24th at 11:59pm. Voting will take place on Facebook, within a special gallery on the ICGWE Facebook Page. If your photo/graphic/artistic rendering is one of the six finalists, you’ll be tasked with recruiting your friends to “Like” your image.
- The number one image with the most “Likes” by July 24th at 11:59pm will win the grand prize of a Black & Slate 16GB Wi-Fi iPad Mini and a truly unique opportunity to showcase your talents and our region!
- The six finalists (including the grand prize winner) will each receive 10 packs of postcards for their friends and families