CHAPTER THREE of our story was written on May 27th with the focus of the month being Instagram. Here are some highlights of our #SocialSquadWE Members’ Instagram tips, tricks, best practices & pet peeves:
- Choose the right filter & don’t overdo it.
- Try to use captions that have the broadest appeal to encourage the most interactions on your posts.
- Take advantage of Instagram’s Tag feature to broaden your reach & connections
- Don’t go crazy with #Hashtags! There’s a fine line between helping your post get seen by the masses & turning people off with “spammy” gimmicks.
- Try to space out your posts & don’t post too often. Flooding people’s feeds is a quick way to get unfollowed.
- Most people quickly scroll through their feed, so you only have a few seconds to make your ONLY impression. Make your images as appealing as possible to encourage interactions.
- Take advantage of free tools like Iconosquare to help track your metrics, evaluate your performance and adjust your approach as needed.
- While Instagram is predominantly image based, when done right, using minimal text overlays can have a big impact. Just don’t overdo it!
MISS A CHAPTER?
THE SOCIAL MEDIA SUPERHEROES ARE RECRUITING!
Are you a Social Media Lover and Active User? If so, we’d love to have you! CHAPTER FIVE takes place Wednesday, July 29th at 3:30pm and will include a discussion on TWITTER. Your expertise, klout and appreciation of all things Social Media would be a welcome addition to our group!
Group members meet on the last Wednesday of each month to talk about the opportunities and challenges in the area of social media as it pertains to their company/organization. The group targets the following three areas:
- Best Practice Sharing – Through discussions and presentations
- Community Advisory Services – Working with local non-profits organizations to assist them with their social efforts; and
- Community Education and Promotion – Working on projects as determined by the group. Potential projects could include: establishment of a regional hashtag (we love #YQG), establishing a community database for social media users, planning activities for Social Media Day and Week, etc….
If you’re interested in participating in this monthly group or learning more, please email John-Marc Vachon at email@example.com.