We want to see more tech companies start and scale in Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent!
Supporting entrepreneurs as they build and grow tech and tech-enabled products & companies is at the heart of WEtech Alliance. We know that technology touches every aspect of our lives; and Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent is packed with bright, ambitious, and hard-working entrepreneurs that are tackling challenges every day with the incredible opportunities that technology brings.
We help in three ways: TECH ACCELERATION, TECH TALENT & TECH COMMUNITY.
Since 2011, we have brought together industry, entrepreneurs, tech talent, students, founders, mentors, and investors to build a region that supports innovative businesses from Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent and around the world to grow locally and scale globally.
By The Numbers (Based on fiscal year April 2018-March 2019):
- 217 clients engaged
- $16.2 million+ funding raised by clients
- $38 million+ annual revenue generated by clients
- 2800+ attendees at events, programs and workshops
- 31+ Business Advisors/Entrepreneurs-In-Residence engaged across the globe
- $212,000+ Market Intelligence services value delivered to clients
- $108,000+ Client Perks value delivered to clients
- 90 Innovation Catalysts trained with 45 Catalyst projects
- 80 meetups, events, workshops and socials
- 6-Month Economic Impact of ScaleUP Tech Accelerator Cohort 1 participants saw 20 new jobs created, 415 new customers and $2.6 million in pipeline value.
DID YOU KNOW?
- WEtech has created a custom Roadmap for scaling companies. The elements include 30|60|90 day and 4|8|12 month milestone trackers, Entrepreneurs Toolkit sessions, War Rooms, our Venture Success Team, our ScaleUP Tech Accelerator program and 1-on-1 business coaching.
- WEtech Alliance is 1 of 29 Canadian Digital Media Network hubs across Canada and is a member of Technology Councils of North America that represents over 50 Technology organizations across Canada, U.S.A. and Mexico.
- Since inception, WEtech Alliance has leveraged close to $2 million in additional direct investment to further support business acceleration and STEM related programs and services since 2011.
WEtech works to consistently provide open and transparent reporting. Our WINfographic snapshots, Client Impact Reports and Annual Impact Report can be found at www.wetech-alliance.com/impact.
For a closer look at the terminology we use and how we arrive at the numbers we report on, click here.