We want to see more tech companies start and scale in Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent!
Supporting entrepreneurs as they build and grow tech and tech-enabled products & companies is at the heart of WEtech Alliance. We know that technology touches every aspect of our lives; and Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent is packed with bright, ambitious, and hard-working entrepreneurs that are tackling challenges every day with the incredible opportunities that technology brings.
We help in three ways: TECH ACCELERATION, TECH TALENT & TECH COMMUNITY.
Since 2011, we have brought together industry, entrepreneurs, tech talent, students, founders, mentors, and investors to build a region that supports innovative businesses from Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent and around the world to grow locally and scale globally.
By The Numbers (Based on fiscal year April 2018-March 2019):
- 217 clients engaged
- $16.2 million+ funding raised by clients
- $38 million+ annual revenue generated by clients
- 2800+ attendees at events, programs and workshops
- 31+ Business Advisors/Entrepreneurs-In-Residence engaged across the globe
- $212,000+ Market Intelligence services value delivered to clients
- $108,000+ Client Perks value delivered to clients
- 90 Innovation Catalysts trained with 45 Catalyst projects
- 80 meetups, events, workshops and socials
- 6-Month Economic Impact of ScaleUP Tech Accelerator Cohort 1 participants saw 20 new jobs created, 415 new customers and $2.6 million in pipeline value.
DID YOU KNOW?
- WEtech has created a custom Roadmap for scaling companies. The elements include 30|60|90 day and 4|8|12 month milestone trackers, Entrepreneurs Toolkit sessions, War Rooms, our Venture Success Team, our ScaleUP Tech Accelerator program and 1-on-1 business coaching.
- WEtech Alliance is 1 of 29 Canadian Digital Media Network hubs across Canada and is a member of Technology Councils of North America that represents over 50 Technology organizations across Canada, U.S.A. and Mexico.
- Since inception, WEtech Alliance has leveraged close to $2 million in additional direct investment to further support business acceleration and STEM related programs and services since 2011.