As we dive into our Annual Impact Report, it’s impossible not to feel the buzz of excitement. The past year has been a wild ride filled with learning and growth for WEtech Alliance. We’ve witnessed tremendous growth, not just within our organization, but among regional entrepreneurs and partners who make up our community. Together, we’re not just making waves – we’re leaving a mark on the national and global stage.
Over the past 12 years, we’ve been steadfast in our support for regional entrepreneurs and innovators. Yet, we recognize that building a thriving entrepreneurial ecosystem is an ever-evolving journey. Our path stretches out before us, filled with endless opportunities to connect talent, empower founders, and foster community.
As we peer into the future, one thing is clear: we can’t afford to ease off the gas pedal.
WEtech Alliance remains unwavering in its commitment to our three core pillars: Helping Entrepreneurs & Companies Start, Sell, and Scale; Connecting Talent; and Building Community.
This report captures the impact of our efforts, but let’s remember, not everything that truly matters can be quantified. It resides in the intrinsic worth of the connections we’ve fostered, the sense of community we’ve nurtured, and the narratives we’ve woven together within our regional, provincial, national and global networks.
This annual report is a testament to the collective effort of our dedicated team, board, partners, and the entire ecosystem we’re privileged to serve. We extend our heartfelt gratitude to all who have contributed to our shared success.
BY THE NUMBERS
Helping Entrepreneurs & Companies
• 183 unique clients engaged
• 25 business advisors & growth coaches engaged across the globe
• 2295 hours in business advisory support provided to client portfolio
• 96 new products & services brought to market
• +$4 million funding raised by client portfolio
• +$97 million annual revenue generated by client portfolio
• 26 entrepreneurial training sessions & workshops held
Why it matters: We know that Entrepreneurs and Innovators are the key drivers of job creation, and technology and innovation are crucial in addressing society’s pressing challenges.
• 20 events held to connect talent with high-growth companies, skills development and community
• 1691 attendees at talent events, programs and workshops
Why it matters: We know that Talent is the driving force behind any startup’s and/or region’s economic success.
• 16 events held to bring the community together
• 725 attendees at community events, programs and workshops
• 21 client stories shared via client spotlights, video features, news releases and podcast interviews
• 70 WEtech & client earned media hits
• 18,813 followers and 1.16 million impressions across our social media platforms
• 42,076 visitors and 87,129 pageviews on our website
• 34,316 Tech It Out newsletters sent, with an open rate of 43.26%
Why it matters: We know that storytelling and planned and chance encounters can lead to meaningful collaborations, and ultimately, a stronger community.
WEtech Alliance works to consistently provide open and transparent reporting. Our WINfographic snapshots, Client Impact Reports and Annual Impact Report can be found at www.wetech-alliance.com/impact.
For a closer look at the terminology we use and how we arrive at the numbers we report on, click here.