WEtech Alliance is pleased to announce the appointment of two new Directors and three new Advisors to the Board of Directors for 2022-2023.
WEtech Alliance’s Board of Directors is composed of 11 directors, and five ex-officio advisors including WEtech Alliance’s President and Chief Executive Officer, Yvonne Pilon, and Past Chair, Larry Koscielski, VP, Process & Technology Development, Centerline (Windsor) Ltd.
“The diverse experience from our new board members will enhance our commitment to amplifying Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent as a top priority for tech companies, talent, and education.”
Each new member adds their own unique lens to the Board as entrepreneurs, business leaders, students, and professionals.
“We are delighted to welcome these industry leaders to WEtech Alliance’s Board of Directors. The diverse experience from our new board members will enhance our commitment to amplifying Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent as a top priority for tech companies, talent, and education,” said Hassan Farhat, IT Business Analyst, AlphaKOR Group and Chair of the Nominating Committee.
The mission of WEtech Alliance is to accelerate tech and growth companies across a broad range of sectors and stages, while at the same time working with partners to champion the regional tech community and build up the tech talent pipeline.
New appointments to the 2022 Board of Directors include:
- Dave Fortin, President, DataRealm
- Paul Mancini CPA, Chief Financial Officer (Interim), Zavida Coffee Roasters
Three new ex-officio members to serve as Advisors to the Board of Directors include:
- Carina Biacchi, CEO, Ortaliza Inc. (Client Advisor)
- Ashley McCallum, Mobile Applications Development, St. Clair College (Student Advisor)
- Marlo Rencher, Director, Technology-Based Programs, TechTown Detroit (Cross-border Advisor)
The new Directors and Advisors will be joined by WEtech Alliance Board of Directors:
- Barry Leavitt, Corporate Operations and Innovation, ENWIN Utilities (Chair)
- Amy Martin, Head of Growth, OpenPhone (Vice-Chair)
- Larry Koscielski, Vice President, Process & Technology Development, CenterLine Windsor Ltd. (Past Chair – Ex-Officio)
- Kit Moore, President, BluePrint CPAs
- Deborah Landers, COO, Operational Acceleration, Georgian Partners
- Claudius Thomas, CEO, Turaco Web
- Joe Markham, Senior Innovation Leader, Edison Financial
- James Marsh, Senior Director, Zekelman School of Business and Information Technology and School of Media, Arts and Design
- Stephen MacKenzie, President/CEO, Invest WindsorEssex
- Yvonne Pilon, President/CEO, WEtech Alliance (Ex-Officio)
“Together with the new 2022 members of the board, WEtech Alliance will continue to focus in on delivering value in new ways to clients, the technology sector, and tech talent community,” said Barry Leavitt, Director, Corporate Operations and Innovation at ENWIN Utilities and Chair of the Board of WEtech Alliance. “At the same time, we extend our immense gratitude to the outgoing members who have helped guide our organization through an extraordinary year of growth and potential.”
Outgoing Board of Directors and Advisors include:
- Hassan Farhat, IT Business Analyst, AlphaKOR Group
- Kulveer Virk, IT Professional
- Paul Riser, Senior Program Officer, Ralph C. Wilson Jr. Foundation (Cross-border Advisor)
- Patrick Thompson, Business Development Manager, DuroByte Inc. (Client Advisor)
- Spencer Briguglio, MSc Computer Science – AI Specialization Candidate, University of Windsor (Student Advisor)
Please join us in congratulating our new Directors and Advisors, and thanking Hassan, Kulveer, Patrick, Spencer and Paul for their ongoing commitment and support to WEtech Alliance and our regional and cross-border tech community.