HYPERLOOP POD COMPETITION: UWINLoop & SCCLoop Pod Unveil
JULY 5 @ 5:30pm
Join uWinLoop & SCCLoop in the Industrial Courtyard of the Ed Lymley Center for Engineering Innovation for the unveiling of their hyperloop pod design that will be competing in the 2019 SpaceX HyperLoop Pod Competition!
SEAT 2-day Leadership Training Panel – “Innovation through SEAT…Being a Visionary for Change”
JULY 10 @ 10:00am
Women’s Enterprise Skills Training of Windsor Inc. (WEST) will be offering a Summer SEAT 2019 (Science, Engineering, Artistry & Technology) program for girls ages 15 to 30. This program will give young women with interests in Science, Engineering, Artistry and Technology the opportunity to work together on a community-based project that will focus on creating positive change for our community.
At the beginning of the SEAT program the youth will participate in a 2-day Leadership Training where the they will have the opportunity to connect with community leaders in Windsor-Essex to learn more about:
- Careers in Science, Engineering, Artistry & Technology, Windsor-Essex, Civic Engagement, Being a Leader, Social Impact &Teamwork
WEST would like to invite you to their “Innovation through SEAT…Being a Visionary for Change” panel on Wednesday July 10th, 2019 from 10am-12pm, as part of our 2-day Leadership Training.
Date: Wednesday July 10th, 2019 from 10am-12pm (Please arrive at 9:45am).
Location: The event will be at St. Clair Centre for the Arts (Union Gas & Taq Taq Rooms – 4th Floor).
Panel members include:
- Andrew Brown, Application Engineer, Driv Inc. (formerly known as Tenneco Inc.)
- Cathy Masterson, Manager of Cultural Affairs, Recreation and Culture, City of Windsor
- Frank Abbruzzese, President, AlphaKOR
- Jacqueline Stagner, Undergraduate Programs Coordinator, Faculty of Engineering
- Philip Dutton, Associate Dean, Undergraduate Affairs, Faculty of Science
- Yvonne Pilon, President & CEO WEtech Alliance
- Dr. Tricia Breen Carmichael, Professor, Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry
If you have any questions, please contact Stephanie Lyanga at 519-256-6621 ext. 227, or via email at email@example.com.
MedHealth Startup Day
This event is for startups in Southeast Michigan and Southwest Ontario delivering technology solutions in the healthcare sector.
How to Make Business Transformation Happen
This workshop will provide attendees with an overview of how, through the use of technology, businesses are currently transforming and how these technological transformations will impact business outcomes. Key areas we will be focusing on: digital, IT, workforce and security; along with how they are transforming. We will discuss how Dell helps to enable its client’s transformation under the Dell Umbrella through 8 strategically aligned businesses.
What We’ll Cover
Four Business Transformations
1. Digital Transformation – software will define and differentiate every organization’s digital future.
2. IT Transformation – IT infrastructure is at the heart of all transformations & creates the foundation for all high-value business capabilities.
3. Workforce Transformation – The industry’s first integrated solution for deployment, security and support of all end-point devices.
4. Security Transformation – Transformation will change the way you think of risk management. Instead of a necessity that creates limits, it’s an opportunity that eliminates them.
Learn how Dell enables its clients with Dell portfolio as we use case examples of companies we are working with.
Zulf Ali- Dell Account Executive
Stuart Pettifer- Dell Data Center Specialist
Chris Puiu- Dell Client Specialist
Razvan Caloianu- Dell Systems Engineer
A combined experience of 30+ years in tech, amongst the 4 instructors.
This event is open to all UWindsor students, entrepreneurs and past EPICentre workshop participants. Limited spots available, register below before they’re gone!
Teachers Learning Code: An Introduction to Programming for the Classroom
This Teachers Learning Code workshop has been designed for primary and middle school teachers with little to no coding experience to be able to teach coding fundamentals to their students.
Launching a FinTech Startup in Canada: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Julien Brault, co-founder and CEO of Hardbacon, a fintech startup based out of Montreal, opens up about building a fintech company in one of the most heavily regulated country in the world.
He’s telling the story of how he started with no money, how he navigated the regulations, how he landed his first partnerships with major canadian financial institutions and how he financed the company. He’s also going to talk about equity crowdfunding, as Hardbacon is currently raising its seed round on FrontFundr.
Build A Dream – 3D Modelling Workshop
Explore 3D modelling and 3D printing with Build a Dream! Spend 3 days in the UWindsor print lab learning the basics of creating and editing digital objects in 3D space, as well as how to prepare your object for 3D printing.
Canadian Undergraduate Computer Science Conference
The Canadian Undergraduate Computer Science Conference is an annual, bilingual gathering of undergraduate students in computer science and affiliated multidisciplinary fields. This three day event provides an interactive platform which includes research presentations, project demonstrations, workshops, learning opportunities, and talks from notable entrepreneurs, industry professionals, and charismatic guest speakers.
LOOKING FOR EVEN MORE EVENTS?
Yvonne Pilon is the President and CEO of WEtech Alliance, one of the eighteen Regional Innovation Centres in the province of Ontario focused on driving the growth and success of Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent’s technology centric companies and entrepreneurs.