WEtech Alliance is looking for individuals whose skills, passion, and experience align with our current mission and vision.
WEtech Alliance’s Mission is to help grow tech and tech-enabled companies of all stages and champion innovation in Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent.
WEtech Alliance’s Vision is to play a lead role in developing a sustainable and diverse economy that attracts and retains top talent, business and investment. We will work together with partners to build a region that supports innovative businesses from Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent and around the world to grow locally and scale globally.
The WEtech Alliance Board of Directors are leaders dedicated to the development of the Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent tech and innovation community. With a variety of business experience, they provide valuable strategic direction and support for Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent many services and activities. Directors commit to attending four (4) board meetings annually, a board orientation session, attend a minimum of two (2) WEtech events annually per year, and support and participate in at least one committee as needed and/or appropriate.
Roles of a Board of Directors include:
- Participate in setting and monitoring the strategic directions and policies of the organization
- Provide strategic leadership
- Develop and approve policies and procedures
- Ensure mutual accountability and shared decision making
- Support compliance with agreements and legislation
- Ensure fiscal responsibility
- Assess impact of outcomes (strategic goals) arising from the delivery of programs and services
- Recruit, hire and set performance expectations for the President and CEO
WEtech Alliance believes in the value that comes from different perspectives and experiences. We are committed to pursuing diversity, equity and inclusion within the organization. As we strive to have a board that is reflective of the region’s demographic composition, we encourage candidates who identify in traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
Eligible candidates must meet the following criteria:
1. Be a founder and/or professional in (or supporting) the following sectors: medhealth, digital media, information technology, life sciences, advanced manufacturing, mobility, cleantech or agritech;
2. Be engaged, involved and active within the Windsor-Essex and/or Chatham-Kent tech/innovation community and/or surrounding areas;
This is an open call and vacancies will be filled as needed. All individuals who submit an expression of interest will be notified of the outcome of the process when a decision has been made by the board and nominating committee.
Deadline to apply is May 23rd at 11:59pm.