NOW HIRING: Manager of Programs & Client Engagement
WEtech Alliance is one of seventeen Regional Innovation Centres, funded by the Province of Ontario, serving the Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent regions. They provide entrepreneurs with business services, training, commercialization and IP support, mentorship, and strategic connections to help bring new ideas to market, scale to the next level and build a dynamic culture and a community of innovation. WEtech Alliance has served as the catalyst for technology and innovation in the Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent regions since 2011.
Pay: $55,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year
Hours: 40 hours per week
Term: 2-Year Contract
Application Deadline: April 17th, 2022 at 11:59pm
Reporting to the Director of Ventures Services, the Manager of Programs & Client Engagement will be responsible for overseeing the successful coordination and running of WEtech Alliance’s business acceleration programs and client engagement activities including daily governance of programs to ensure tasks are kept on schedule, managing budgets, and maintaining communication with all program stakeholders and clients.
- Manage and coordinate all program plans including logistics, timelines, deadlines, milestones, and objectives for program year. This includes:
- Programs for startups and early-stage companies such as our Educational Programming, etc…
- Programs for growing and established companies such as our ScaleUP Tech Accelerator, Venture Success Team, Intellectual Property, Capital, and Peer-2-Peer program.
- Work with Manager of Events / Event Coordinator on signature annual events such as TeCK Week YQG and Founders Week YQG
- Develop and review budgets for all programs in collaboration with the Director of Venture Services and Director of Operations.
- Follow evaluation strategies to determine if program objectives are being achieved and if improvements are required.
- Supervise and address needs of staff involved on any program to provide feedback and resolve complex problems
- Ensure program operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies
- Work with the Director of Marketing to develop marketing plans, and promotional calendars for all programs, events, and initiatives
- Provide oversight to the communications team in the development of marketing and promotional materials/collateral for all internal programs
- Support the content development of client and community communication pieces such as monthly newsletter
- Work with the Business Advisory team to ensure the educational needs of the client portfolio that WEtech Alliance supports are being met
- Act as the primary contact for the MaRS Business Acceleration Programs team
Community Partnership Management & Client Engagement
- Maintain the organization’s community engagement strategy which enhances relationships and partnership opportunities for the organization, its stakeholders and the companies we serve
- Maintain external partnerships that enhance the capacity of WEtech Alliance and support the work we do for the entrepreneurial community
- Work with Business Advisory and Marketing teams to develop content for client facing communications as well as engagement via virtual communities (Discord, Slack, etc…).
- Represent WEtech Alliance positively within the community and that of the surrounding region, and with outside agencies
- Other duties as may be required
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent post-secondary education
- Working knowledge of business fundamentals and program management
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of prior work experience in a program management role
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques
- Ability to analyze and organize data/feedback
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to assess priorities and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of performance evaluation methods
- The ability to delegate while providing guidance and direction
- The ability to address difficult situations and resolve conflict in a professional and respectful manner
- Ability to work effectively as a team member in achieving goals outlined by WEtech Alliance
- Working knowledge of program and customer relationship management software (ie. HubSpot, Notion, Eventbrite, etc…)
- Knowledge of, and involvement with the regional tech and/or business community
- Experience and/or knowledge with the Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation, and Trade (MEDJTC) or another Regional Innovation Centres / Small Business Centres
- Contract position from April 1st, 2022 – March 31st, 2024 Full-time, Contract (2 year)
- Salary: $55,000-$65,000 per year
- Occasional evening or weekend work to attend community outreach events and/or programs. After-hours work time will be balanced with regular work hours.
- Occasional remote work at community office locations across Windsor-Essex, Chatham-Kent and Southwestern Ontario.
- Must have a valid Ontario driver’s license and access to their own vehicle transportation.
- Location: Joyce Entrepreneurship Centre, 2455 Wyandotte Street West, located inside EPICentre, 2nd Floor, Windsor, ON N9B 0C1
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than 11:59m on April 17th, 2022. Please include “Manager of Programs & Client Engagement” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants in advance. Please note that only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential.
Apply in Confidence:
President & CEO