New Appointments to the 2019 Board of Directors include:
- Amy Martin, Head of Acquisition, Shopify
- Barry Leavitt, Director of Shared Services, ENWIN Utilities
- Bill Johnson, Head of IT and Software Engineering, Scribendi Inc.
- Gaurav Kumar Singh, AV Research and Strategy, Ford Motor Company
- Hassan Farhat, IT Business Analyst, AlphaKOR Group
- Jamie McGrail, Integrated Solutions Manager, McGrail Farm Equipment L.P.
- Dr. Justine Taylor, Science and Government Relations Manager, Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers (OGVG)
- Kit Moore, Treasurer, President, BluePrint CPAs
- Amar Singh, Associate VP, Communications & IT Services, St. Clair College
- Dave Cullen, Manager of Information Technology, Entegrus
- Deborah Landers, COO, Operational Acceleration, Georgian Partners
- Gokul Bhandari, MBA Programs Director, University of Windsor
- Larry Koscielski, Vice President of Process & Technology Development, CenterLine Windsor Ltd.
- Susan Anzolin, Executive Director, Institute for Border Logistics and Security
- Jacob Duhaime, CEO of iDream Interactive (Client Advisor to the Board)
- Noah Campbell, University of Windsor Computer Science Student and Lead for Developer Student Club (Student Advisor to the Board)
- Paul Riser, Director, Detroit Urban Solution, TechTown Detroit (Cross-border Advisor to the Board)
“We’re grateful to these dynamic tech industry leaders who have stepped up to serve and lend their exceptional knowledge and experience,” said Yvonne Pilon, CEO and President of WEtech Alliance. “At the same time, we extend our immense gratitude to the outgoing members who have helped guide our organization through a vibrant and dynamic period, as we strive to better serve clients and the tech community.”
Special guest speaker Frank Abbruzzese, Founding Board Member & Past Chair of WEtech Alliance, gave a passionate address to current and incoming board members about his eleven-year (and counting) journey that began in the “Softech Alliance Network” days.
“AlphaKOR has been a member since day one and has benefited in many ways being part of WEtech.”, said Abbruzzes, President of AlphaKOR Group, “The number of connections locally, abroad and access to provincial and federal resources has helped us achieve some of our goals. These connections and networking opportunities would not have been possible without being part of this organization.”
You can read more about Frank’s perspective in his “WEtech’s Journey from a Co-Founder’s Perspective” blog post.
Outgoing Board of Directors include:
- Paolo Piunno, North American Regional Sales Account Manager, CS WIND Corp.
- Tom Krizanovic, Accounting Manager, SEC Reporting, Ally Bank
- Justine Kilby, Vice President, Strategy & Corporate Development, Ceridian Canada
- Aaron Marcotte, Partner, Bartlet & Richardes LLP
“It has been my great pleasure to observe the outcome of so much dedication and hard work from so many over the years including the WEtech team and its Client Portfolio, Directors, Community Advisors, and countless volunteers, says Paolo Piunno, outgoing Board Chair and North American Regional Sales Account Manager at CS WIND Corp. “I look forward to the further development of WEtech Alliance under the very capable leadership of Larry Koscielski as Board Chair, together with his colleagues on the Board, and Yvonne Pilon as our President and CEO.”