WINDSOR, ON., March 28, 2022
WEtech Alliance is pleased to announce the winners of the 5th annual Tech Awards.
First launched in 2017, the WEtech Alliance’s Tech Awards are a fun, informal way of celebrating technology innovators, in all stages and sectors, for their achievements and success in Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent.
The winners of the 2022 Tech Awards powered by TekSavvy Solutions Inc. were revealed throughout the week of TeCK Week YQG from March 21-27th, through a series of podcast interviews, hosted by Sarah Haefling, founder and host of the Made it Happen podcast.
Each of this year’s winners also received a one-of-a-kind award created by local craftsman – and 2019 Tech Award winner – Andrew Thompsett, owner of Hill Valley Maker.
The winners of the 2022 Tech Awards are:
- Phillip Olla – Tech Professional of the Year
- Maxine Ebegbuzie Shelton – Tech Woman of the Year
- AlphaKOR Group – Tech Company of the Year
- Doug Sartori – Tech Mentor of the Year
- Brian Aspinall – Tech Educator of the Year
- Art Gallery of Windsor – Tech Adoption of the Year
- REEL Outline – Tech Startup of the Year
- Nwanneka Baraka – Tech Student/Young Professional of the Year
- St Clair College IT Department – Tech Team of the Year
- Edison Financial – WEtech Choice Award
To view winner podcast videos, visit wetech-alliance.com/awards
“It’s a tremendous pleasure to be able to highlight and celebrate our region’s amazing local tech talent each year. Not only did the community get to learn more about this year’s 10 Tech Award winners through their podcast interviews, but nearly 37,000 people were exposed to all 45 finalists during this year’s public voting period.”
– John-Marc, Director of Programs & Marketing at WEtech Alliance
“This year’s Tech Awards once again highlights the strength of innovation and creativity that is at the heart of our Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent community. It’s no wonder at the intersection of Science, Engineering & Business is where the real magic happens. Congratulations to all of this year’s candidates and award recipients!”
– Raj Thaker, VP- Business Solutions
Made it Happen Podcast
“It’s so inspiring to see all the amazing local talent and ambitious individuals & organizations in the tech industry within Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent. I am honored to have been able to participate in this incredible initiative and speak with all of the well-deserved winners. There are so many innovative individuals & organizations in the area and I can’t wait to see what’s next for this exciting industry. Thank you to WEtech Alliance for highlighting the work being done in the tech industry with these awards.”
– Sarah Haefling, Founder and Host, Made it Happen Podcast
Tech Award Winner
“I’ve always believed in the the power of integrating technology. It empowers our students to be leaders of their own learning and see themselves as members of a community beyond the four walls of their classroom. Empowered students see the world differently. They become creative thinkers, creators, and problem solvers. It was technology that leveled the playing field so every one of my students could be successful, empowered leaders.”
– Brian Aspinall, Winner of the 2022 Tech Educator of the Year Award
- 45 Tech Awards Finalists in 2022
- 3,135 votes cast in the 2022 Finals public voting period
- Finals viewed by 36,947 people
- Since 2017, 62 Tech Award Winners have been crowned
- Since 2017, 5 different regional artists have been engaged in creating a unique award each year