In this Annual Report, you’ll see the impressive results from the last year, including sources of new funding, engagements and client stats, and how new partnerships with other Regional Innovation Centres and locally with organizations like Invest WindsorEssex have allowed the WEtech team to grow exponentially, and better serve the client base in the Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent region.
Looking ahead, there is a strong strategic plan in place which ensures alignment with all of the funding, economic realities of the time, and momentum of new and established clients in our region.
The focus remains unwavering:
– support innovation and tech-based entrepreneurs
– support tech talent
– support the region’s growth into the automobility space
– support women entrepreneurs and other underrepresented groups
– extend the reach into the corners of our served region
The efforts within our region across all economic development agencies and levels of government with a strategic plan centered on the future of mobility, are already gaining significant traction. The new battery plant and the automotive sector retooling for electrification are heavy weight drivers of our economic future and it brings a sense of confidence that this region is the place to launch that next concept in mobility.
If FY22 made one thing clear, it’s this: It’s the region’s time to shine.
The above is an excerpt from “Message from the Board Chair” by WEtech Alliance Board Chair, Barry Leavitt. Read the full message on pages 2&3 of the report.
BY THE NUMBERS
• 323 unique clients engaged
• 268 new jobs created
• +$16 million funding raised by client portfolio
• +$68 million annual revenue generated by client portfolio
• 2940 attendees at events, programs and workshops
• 70 meetups, events, workshops and socials
• 2281 hours in business advisory support provided to client portfolio
• 30 Business Advisors/Entrepreneurs-In-Residence engaged across the globe
• +$3.6 million Client Perks value delivered to client portfolio
• Economic impact from the 25 graduates of the ScaleUP Accelerator program, as of April 2022: 168 new jobs created, 130 new products to market, 9 million users engaged, and +$22 million in revenue
WEtech Alliance works to consistently provide open and transparent reporting. Our WINfographic snapshots, Client Impact Reports and Annual Impact Report can be found at www.wetech-alliance.com/impact.
For a closer look at the terminology we use and how we arrive at the numbers we report on, click here.