NOW HIRING: Business Advisor, Startup Services (2-Year Contract)
WEtech Alliance is one of seventeen Regional Innovation Centres, funded by the Province of Ontario, serving the Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent regions. They provide entrepreneurs with business services, training, commercialization and IP support, mentorship, and strategic connections to help bring new ideas to market, scale to the next level and build a dynamic culture and a community of innovation. WEtech Alliance has served as the catalyst for technology and innovation in the Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent regions since 2011.
Pay: $58,000.00 – $68,000.00 per year
Hours: 40 hours per week
Term: 2-Year Contract
Application Deadline: March 20th, 2022 at 11:59pm
The Business Advisor, Startup Services is a dynamic and highly adaptable business professional who has previous experience in either business development, creative problem solving, and managing new business or innovation programs in a technology / entrepreneurship sector. The ideal candidate has knowledge about commercialization of technology or new business ideas, including at least one of these areas: company creation, sales and marketing, finance and investment, value proposition and business models, product innovation, strategies for business early-stage startups.
Reporting to the Director of Venture Services, the Business Advisor Startup Services will have the key responsibility of managing, designing, organizing and delivering a suite of business acceleration programs, all of which provide commercialization and entrepreneurship development support for early-stage and startup clients.
The specific responsibilities may include:
- Perform new Spark and Boost client intake assessments and thoroughly assess and document the business needs and opportunities of each applicant according to established procedures.
- Triage Spark clients into business acceleration programs and services
- Perform ongoing business advisory services with Spark, and early-stage Boost clients.
- Develop and execute entrepreneurship 101 programming
- Manage tracking of business acceleration program metrics through WEtech’s CRM system, analyze the data with monthly reports provided to Director of Venture Services.
- Develop, market and present information about business acceleration programs at our team meetings, and regularly engage with WEtech’s community of tech startups
- Identify and curate client narratives for external storytelling in collaboration with the marketing lead.
- Works with partners such as local economic development agencies, Small Business Centres, EPICentre, and Genesis Centres to make the best referrals for client companies.
- Contribute a regular collection of metrics and survey data along with compile reports suitable for inclusion in government and funder reporting.
- Possess a knowledge of various programs designed for clients though all our collaborative stakeholders and programs.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Assist Director of Venture Services with selected strategic or community projects.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, front-line management position with 3-5 years of experience – Commerce/Finance, Business Administration or Marketing, Engineering; knowledge of STEM / Economic Development areas is preferable.
- Past experience working within a technology startup and/or technology innovation incubator organization is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks under tight deadlines, and deliver quality work in a timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability and confidence to interact with various levels of the organization/community.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision, and accept guidance from various members of WEtech’s team.
- Contract full-time, 40 hours per week, ending March 31st, 2024.
- Some evening or weekend work to attend community outreach events, or to deliver business acceleration programs. After-hours work time will be balanced with regular work hours.
- Monthly remote work at community office locations across Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent.
- Must have a valid Ontario driver’s license and access to their own vehicle transportation.
Location: Joyce Entrepreneurship Centre, 2455 Wyandotte Street West, located inside EPICentre, 2nd Floor, Windsor, ON N9B 0C1
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11:59m on March 20th, 2022. Please include “Business Advisory, Startup Services (Contract)” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants in advance. Please note that only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential.
Apply in Confidence:
President & CEO