NOW HIRING: Digital Marketing & Communications Specialist (2-Year Contract)
WEtech Alliance is one of seventeen Regional Innovation Centres, funded by the Province of Ontario, serving the Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent regions. They provide entrepreneurs with business services, training, commercialization and IP support, mentorship, and strategic connections to help bring new ideas to market, scale to the next level and build a dynamic culture and a community of innovation. WEtech Alliance has served as the catalyst for technology and innovation in the Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent regions since 2011.
Pay: $45,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
Hours: 40 hours per week
Term: 2-Year Contract
Application Deadline: March 20th, 2022 at 11:59pm
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Programs, and working in collaboration with the regional entrepreneurship ecosystem, the Digital Marketing & Communications Specialist will be responsible for content creation, social media management and promotions, website maintenance, monthly newsletters, and participation in growth of marketing strategy.
The specific responsibilities may include:
- Develop creative social media content that prompts followers to authentically engage and share.
- Conceptualize, design and develop publishing and graphics material in various digital media formats.
- Manage media relations, secure and evaluate press opportunities.
- Contribute to writing of internal and external communication pieces such as presentation materials, news releases, remarks, funder’s reports, etc. with consistent brand and persona.
- Produce wraparound content to complement visual design elements including social media, website and email marketing copy that directly supports the editorial calendar and strategic priorities of the organization.
- Support community engagement over social media, developing and maintaining relationships with key individuals and organizations, supporting lead generation for Venture Services, etc….
- Develop and maintain WordPress website, ensuring all information is up-to-date and current. This may require working with third-party agencies, when required.
- Optimize search engine performance and user experience on our website.
- Analyze social channels and website analytics to measure the performance of social activities.
- Manage, create and optimize social media PPC and paid campaigns.
- Create and publish newsletters; collect and analyze metrics to optimize readership and delivery on call to actions.
- Align WEtech Alliance’s thought leadership and brand vision with current trends in technology and innovation through engaging brand messaging and visuals.
- Proactively use your local and regional knowledge and connections, and your passion for storytelling to co-curate meaningful and relevant content.
- Develop relationships within the tech community and with our clients to highlight good news and celebrate achievements
- Stay current on social media strategy while applying it to companywide expansion.
- Other duties as may be required
Essential Skills and Qualifications
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree, specialization in communications or marketing, public relations preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role or in an agency setting.
- Must have excellent writing/creative writing and editing skills
- Be tech savvy with digital marketing expertise, preferably with SEM, website, social media, SMS and email platforms.
- In-depth knowledge of principles of writing, including grammar and style, argument, and coherence and attention to detail, proofreading abilities with an excellent command of the English language.
- Superior oral and written communications skills including active listening and demonstrating professionalism in both presentation and demeanor.
- Knowledge of theory and best practice in media relations and public affairs, and of marketing fundamentals, campaigns, and trends.
- Acute understanding of social media platforms from content, audience, and technical perspective.
- Dedicated team player who is able to contribute to a vibrant team culture and core values, while prioritizing multiple and changing demands.
- Exceptional attention to detail with excellent planning and time management while working independently and with ambiguity.
- Highly self-motivated, innovative thinker with a creative flair and passion.
- Demonstrated success in building credibility, managing relationships, and proactively collaborating with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficient in HTML, WordPress, Google Analytics and Ads, Constant Contact, Slack, MS Office 365, and Eventbrite.
- Active participant on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram
- Proficiency in design programs such as Canva, Illustrator and Photoshop, as well as video production/editing experience, considered an asset.
- Full-time hours, 5 days per week. In-person.
- Some evening or weekend work to attend community outreach events, or to deliver presentations. After-hours work time will be balanced with regular work hours.
- Occasional remote work at community office locations across Windsor-Essex, Chatham-Kent and Southwestern Ontario.
- Must have a valid Ontario driver’s license and access to their own vehicle transportation.
Location: Joyce Entrepreneurship Centre, 2455 Wyandotte Street West, located inside EPICentre, 2nd Floor, Windsor, ON N9B 0C1
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than 11:59m on March 20th, 2022. Please include “Digital Marketing & Communications Specialist” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants in advance. Please note that only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential.
Apply in Confidence:
President & CEO