WEtech Alliance is pleased to announce the appointment of seven (7) new Directors and three (3) new Advisors to the Board of Directors for 2023-2024.
WEtech Alliance’s Board of Directors is composed of fourteen (14) directors, and five ex-officio advisors including WEtech Alliance’s President and Chief Executive Officer, Yvonne Pilon, and Past Chair, Larry Koscielski, VP, Process & Technology Development, CenterLine (Windsor) Ltd.
Each new member adds their own unique lens to the Board as entrepreneurs, business leaders, students, and professionals.
“We are excited to welcome these accomplished industry leaders as the newest additions to WEtech Alliance’s Board of Directors. Their diverse backgrounds and expertise will further fortify our dedication to making Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent premier destinations for tech and innovation entrepreneurs, companies, and talent.”
The mission of WEtech Alliance is to accelerate tech and growth companies across a broad range of sectors and stages, while at the same time working with partners to champion the regional tech community and build up the tech talent pipeline.
New appointments to the 2023 Board of Directors include:
- Aisling Douglas, Chief of Staff to the CTO, Shogun
- Chandrika Abhang, Product Manager, Webasto Group
- Hector Frias, VP, Global Program Management, Aptiv PLC
- Sanela Stefanovski, Team Leader, Technology Operations, Rocket Innovation Studio
- Sheryll Westcarr, Manager, Career Services Advisor, Lighthouse Labs
- Steve Truong, Small Business Specialist, Libro Credit Union
- Tom Schnekenburger, Director, Research Partnerships, University of Windsor
Three new ex-officio members to serve as Advisors to the Board of Directors include:
- Jordan Goure, President and CEO, Picsume (Client Advisor)
- Moshood Saka, School of Computer Science, University of Windsor (Student Advisor)
- Amanda Lewan, Co-founder and CEO, Bamboo (Cross-border Advisor)
“We’re thrilled to welcome our new directors and advisors, whose fresh perspectives and expertise will invigorate our board’s mission. At the same time, we express our heartfelt gratitude to our outgoing directors and advisors for their dedicated service and invaluable contributions.”
The new Directors and Advisors will be joined by WEtech Alliance Board of Directors:
- Barry Leavitt, ENWIN Utilities – Retired (Chair)
- Claudius Thomas, CEO, Turaco Web (Vice-Chair)
- Paul Mancini, CFO, Ottit eCommerce Bookkeeping (Treasurer)
- Dave Fortin, President, DataRealm
- Larry Koscielski, Vice President, Process & Technology Development, CenterLine (Windsor) Ltd. (Past Chair – Ex-Officio)
- James Marsh, Senior Director, St. Clair College
- Stephen MacKenzie, President/CEO, Invest WindsorEssex
- Wen Teoh, Director, EPICentre, University of Windsor
- Yvonne Pilon, President/CEO, WEtech Alliance (Ex-Officio)
Outgoing Board of Directors and Advisors include:
- Amy Martin, Head of Growth, OpenPhone (Vice Chair)
- Ashley McCallum, Mobile Applications Development, St. Clair College (Student Advisor)
- Carina Biacchi, CEO, Ortaliza Inc (Client Advisor)
- Debbie Landers, COO, Operational Acceleration, Georgian Partners
- Dr. Marlo Rencher, Director, Technology-Based Programs, TechTown Detroit (Cross-border Advisor)
- Joe Markham, Senior Innovation Leader, Edison Financial
- Kit Moore, President, BluePrint CPAs
Please join us in congratulating our new Directors and Advisors, and thanking Debbie, Kit, Joe, Amy, Carina, Ashley and Marlo for their ongoing commitment and support to WEtech Alliance and our regional and cross-border tech and innovation community.