NOW HIRING: Digital Marketing & Social Media Coordinator
WEtech Alliance is one of seventeen Regional Innovation Centres, funded by the Province of Ontario, serving the Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent regions. They provide entrepreneurs with business services, training, commercialization and IP support, mentorship, and strategic connections to help bring new ideas to market, scale to the next level and build a dynamic culture and a community of innovation. WEtech Alliance has served as the catalyst for technology and innovation in the Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent regions since 2011.
Pay: $45,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
Hours: 40 hours per week
Term: 1.5-Year Contract
Application Deadline: August 29th, 2022 at 11:59pm
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications and working in collaboration with the regional entrepreneurship ecosystem, the Digital Marketing & Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for social media management and promotions, website updating and maintenance, monthly newsletters, event and program promotion, and participation in growth of marketing strategy. The Digital Marketing & Social Media Coordinator will work collaboratively with the regional ecosystem to enhance engagement among entrepreneurs regarding programing and events.
The specific responsibilities may include:
- Develop and post engaging content on digital marketing (website, newsletters, etc…) and social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc..), and keep up with trends in digital and social
- Constantly engage with community and clients via social and digital channels and highlight client good news and celebrate achievements and, answer questions to social media messages
- Analyze social channels and website analytics to measure the performance of social activities.
- Conceptualize, design, and develop publishing and graphics material in various digital media formats.
- Support the development of event marketing and social content and photos on-site at events
- Manage, create and optimize social media PPC and paid campaigns.
- Support the development client-facing newsletters; collect and analyze metrics to optimize readership and delivery on call to actions.
- Produce wraparound content to complement visual design elements including social media, website and email marketing copy that directly supports the editorial calendar and strategic priorities of the organization.
- Proactively use your local and regional knowledge and connections, and your passion for storytelling to co-curate meaningful and relevant content.
- Align WEtech Alliance’s thought leadership and brand vision with current trends in technology and innovation through engaging brand messaging and visuals.
- Other duties as may be required
Essential Skills and Qualifications
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- 1-3 years experience in a similar role or in an agency setting.
- Bachelors Degree, Diploma, or Certificate in Digital Marketing or equivalent
- Must have excellent writing/creative writing and editing skills
- A deep understanding and passion for digital marketing, social media and websites
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to multi-task/adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Dedicated team player who is able to contribute to a vibrant team culture and core values, while prioritizing multiple and changing demands.
- Exceptional attention to detail with excellent planning and time management while working independently and with ambiguity.
- Highly self-motivated, innovative thinker with a creative flair and passion.
- Demonstrated success in building credibility, managing relationships, and proactively collaborating with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, WordPress, Google Analytics and Facebook Ads, Constant Contact, MS Office 365, and Eventbrite.
- Experience with event photography & basic photo editing
- Active participant on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram
- Full-time hours, 5 days per week.
- Hybrid work schedule
- Some evening or weekend work to attend community outreach events, or to deliver business acceleration programs. After-hours work time will be balanced with regular work hours.
- Occasional remote work at community office locations across Windsor-Essex, Chatham-Kent and Southwestern Ontario.
- Must have a valid Ontario driver’s license and access to their own vehicle transportation.
Location: Joyce Entrepreneurship Centre, 2455 Wyandotte Street West, located inside EPICentre, 2nd Floor, Windsor, ON N9B 0C1
We thank all applicants in advance. Please note that only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59m on August 29th, 2022.