NOW HIRING: WordPress Developer (Canada Summer Jobs)
WEtech Alliance is a Regional Innovation Center (RIC) in the Province of Ontario that acts as a hub for the acceleration and commercialization of innovation and technology in Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent Counties. WEtech’s mandate is to create economic prosperity by removing barriers to the creation and growth of technology and tech-enabled companies. WEtech works with start-up companies and growing firms, and partners with similar organizations to support growth, innovation and prosperity.
Hours: 35 hours per week
Term: 8 week contract through Canada Summer Jobs
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the WordPress Developer will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development.
To be eligible to apply, you must be:
(a) between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
(b) a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and
(c) legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
*International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
- Support front-end and back-end website development
- Designing, updating and implementing new features and functionality on the WordPress platform
- Supporting and guiding the website’s architecture
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design
- Monitor the performance of the website
- Identify and fix bugs that are found within the code
- Platform maintenance, optimization and security
- Comfortable wearing many hats and willing to work on all parts of the stack
- Troubleshoot and resolve website problems for co-workers
- Collaborate with members of a creative team
Essential Skills and Qualifications
Bachelor, College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma
- 2-3+ years experience
Thank you for your interest. Applications for this position are now closed. You can check out our Tech Jobs Board for other positions that are currently hiring.