NOW HIRING: WordPress Developer (Canada Summer Jobs)
WEtech Alliance is a Regional Innovation Center (RIC) in the Province of Ontario that acts as a hub for the acceleration and commercialization of innovation and technology in Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent Counties. WEtech’s mandate is to create economic prosperity by removing barriers to the creation and growth of technology and tech-enabled companies. WEtech works with start-up companies and growing firms, and partners with similar organizations to support growth, innovation and prosperity.
Hours: 35 hours per week
Term: 8 week contract through Canada Summer Jobs
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the WordPress Developer will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development.
To be eligible to apply, you must be:
(a) between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
(b) a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and
(c) legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
*International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
- Support front-end and back-end website development
- Designing, updating and implementing new features and functionality on the WordPress platform
- Supporting and guiding the website’s architecture
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design
- Monitor the performance of the website
- Identify and fix bugs that are found within the code
- Platform maintenance, optimization and security
- Comfortable wearing many hats and willing to work on all parts of the stack
- Troubleshoot and resolve website problems for co-workers
- Collaborate with members of a creative team
Essential Skills and Qualifications
Bachelor, College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma
- 2-3+ years experience
We thank all applicants in advance. Please note that only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential.
Click the button below to apply for this position on our Tech Jobs Board.