WEtech Alliance exists to help entrepreneurs and companies Create, Innovate and Accelerate. By supporting, connecting, developing and promoting our community of creative innovators, we help propel the Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent regions forward and strengthen its position on the world’s technology map for its innovations, entrepreneurs and tech talent.
Whether it’s a fintech startup or a automobility narwhal, we support companies at all stages of growth and development across all sectors of technology. In fact, to assist our clients and partners in better communicating the roster of support services that can be leveraged based on where the client is on their journey to scale, WEtech has created a new way of classifying our clients. By redesigning and streamlining our programming, we continue to ensure that our portfolio companies have access to the right tools and insights as they continue to grow.
From supporting our client portfolio of over 200 entrepreneurs and companies – representing 1200+ employees – with over 1800 hours of business advisory support, engaging regional tech talent to help them better connect to tech jobs and opportunities, uniting the regional tech community via initiatives such as Nerd Olympics and Tech Week, and promoting and celebrating our regional innovators and tech leaders, WEtech Alliance remains committed to our three key pillars: Tech Acceleration, Tech Talent & Tech Community.
From its inception in 2011, WEtech has been a catalyst for the growth and influence of Windsor-Essex’s and Chatham-Kent’s tech sector. We have brought together industry, entrepreneurs, tech talent, mentors, government, academia and investors to build a region that supports innovative businesses and people from Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent and around the world to grow locally and scale globally.
BY THE NUMBERS
- 281 clients engaged
- 144 new jobs created1
- 263% increase in female founders (from 8-29 founders)
- $27 million+ funding raised by clients2
- $43 million+ annual revenue generated by clients
- 2800+ attendees at events, programs and workshops
- 55 meetups, events, workshops and socials
- $1,279,536 Client Perks value delivered to clients
- 39 Business Advisors/Entrepreneurs-In-Residence engaged across the globe
- $344,700 Market Intelligence services value delivered to clients
- 55 Innovation Catalysts trained
- 922 individuals trained in Design Thinking
- Economic Impact of ScaleUP Tech Accelerator Cohort 1-3 participants saw 65 new jobs created, 76 new products to market and $11+ million in pipeline value.
- 22% increase in social media impressions
Correction: Two calculation errors were discovered and corrected on July 28, 2020.
1 New Jobs Created updated from 107 to 144
2 Total Funding Raised updated from $23,530,100 to $27,357,100.