WEtech Alliance exists to help entrepreneurs and companies Create, Innovate and Accelerate. By supporting, connecting, developing and promoting our community of creative innovators, we help propel the Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent regions forward and strengthen its position on the world’s technology map for its innovations, entrepreneurs and talent.
Despite how it started, 2020-2021 was a successful year for WEtech Alliance. Not to mention, a milestone year for the organization – celebrating 10 years of supporting and championing the Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent tech community.
Working remotely, our team’s focus remained on helping our clients – helping them navigate the pandemic, providing virtual programs and services, helping them shift resources and pivot, and working with partners – far and wide – to get tech and businesses the support it needed.
From supporting our client portfolio of close to 300 entrepreneurs and companies – representing 1500+ employees – with over 2100 hours of business advisory support and recovery programming such as Digital Main Street Future Proof, engaging regional tech talent to help them better connect to tech jobs and opportunities such as BorderHacks and WinHacks, uniting the regional tech community via initiatives such as Tech Week YQG and Tech Homecoming, and promoting and celebrating our regional innovators and tech leaders through initiatives like our annual Tech Awards, WEtech Alliance remains committed to our three key pillars: Tech Acceleration, Tech Talent & Tech Community.
BY THE NUMBERS
• 279 unique clients engaged
• 140 new jobs created
• 213% increase in female founders
• $22 million+ funding raised by client portfolio
• $41+ million+ annual revenue generated by client portfolio
• 5200+ attendees at events, programs and workshops
• 52 meetups, events, workshops and socials
• 2100+ hours in business advisory support provided to client portfolio
• 42 Business Advisors/Entrepreneurs-In-Residence engaged across the globe
• $2.7 million+ Client Perks value delivered to client portfolio
• 20 Innovation Catalysts trained
• 1000+ women entrepreneurs supported through recovery efforts
• Economic impact of ScaleUP Tech Accelerator cohort 1-4 participants saw 151 new jobs created, 122 new products to market and $19+ million in revenue
• 43% increase in annual social media impressions